Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

841 - 860 of 894 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi ZC

I am so sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I know that was your last embryo so it must be even more disappointing. At least you already have your one child from this process who you love and adore. But right now I imagine that doesnt make this any easier.

Xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks Poppy
Yes I’m pretty devastated and drained emotionally and financially!

Salome will call me during the week. But what next?

This was our 4th embryo from donor to fail  And previously 9 OE transfers before that all the usuals injectables tracking the works.

Asked about changing donor. Why? I’m not even considering it. So why did my fingers type the question?

At some stage you’ve to ask yourself when is it enough?

I don’t feel done. I want another. I want her to have a sibling. I’m 44 and feel way too old for this. But I know VH would have a donor lined up in a month. And we’d be transferring in 2/3 months. And the idea is giving me relief. But then if that fails. Then what. And oh let’s find the best part of 10k for all the treatment and extras.

I feel so helpless. And I shouldn’t. I’ve a daughter. I get that too. And I remember when we were without her I would see those with one needing another and think you should be happy with one.

Rambling a little but no one else gets it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im so so sorry ZC for your news, its so devastating time after time. But your right i do think theres a time where you have to say enough is enough and only you can make that decision. Have you  considered adoption? Just out of interest is your daughter from an OE or donor cycle? Its so hard to get off the IVF rollercoaster as I know each time you have a failed cycle the only thing that keeps me going is the ‘whats next’ question and focusing on what we can do differently next time. I really feel for you and hope your feeling better soon ❤ Have you heard from the clinic? What ever decision you make will be the right one. The mind is a crazy place but at least you can share you thoughts and feelings on here and get them off your chest, without being judged as we all feel that desperation throughout our journeys, Take care xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
I saw your post regarding the intralipid infusions in London.
Please can you give me details of the clinic. I am having a FET tomorrow in Gdansk and have had a pre FET infusion today. However getting back here is going to be difficult so wanted to see where I could get my ongoing infusions in the UK,  am London based.
Many thanks
Anna

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi everyone,

Hope your all doing ok and managing to stay safe in these crazy times.

ZC I was so so sorry to read your post. I'm sorry I haven't been on here in a very long time but I sent you a PM xx

Poppy how are things? Have you decided on whether to go for transfer...I know you were talking about possibly sept or october? Hope things are going to plan for you. Let me know where your at when you get a chance xx

Jen2907 Did you go to VH for your transfer after? If so I really hope you had success xx

Firefly hope everything is going well in your pregnancy. You must be close now. God it's crazy how time has gone so fast. Hope all's good xx

As for me I'm still waiting for my thyroid to settle. I underestimated how difficult it was going to be to get it stable this time but my endocrinologist is great and am almost there please God!!! It's so weird that something that causes me such few symptoms can have such a huge affect on trying to have a baby. I've resented the extremely long wait if I'm being honest....it's been crappy.
Otherwise my hubbies semen has been shipped to UR and I had an ERA which came back post receptive so that's good. At least now I know I'll be transferring at the correct time. I've got an appt to meet with my endo next wk to see if we can start taking the next steps. If we get the all clear we'll be heading in November/early December...fingers and toes crossed  ^pray^

Anyway guys hope your all doing ok and sorry if I missed anyone xx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Jenny and everyone! I had my 34 week check up yesterday and all looking good. The only thing is she is still sitting breech so I am trying to do all I can to help her turn as I would like to avoid a c section if at all possible. 3 weeks now until we go down to Nairobi for the final count down......wishing you all the luck in the world for your next steps and I will let you know when there are any updates my end x

·
Registered
113 Posts
Firefly so glad all is going well for you. Hope things work out as best as poss with the delivery. Have just everything crossed for you and will be thinking of ya. Best of luck now and keep us updated. Your almost there. Soooo exciting xx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone,

Hope everyones keeping well!

Jennyh have you got a date yet to go over for your transfer? Will you have to self isolate on your return??

We went over in august but unfortunately was unsuccessful. On the day of the transfer they took some bloods, one being progesterone. They rang me that night to say my progesterone levels were low and to get some lubion injections which i did but made no difference so felt like it was a no go right from the start. So will take those from day 1 next time. We have 2 frozen left and they have finally agreed for us to have intralipids. Not sure how it works really, if anyone can shed some light on that? We wont be going until the isolating on return is removed as i cant really have 2 weeks off work afterwards.

ZC did you make a decision on whether to cycle again with VH? Or are you enjoying a break from it all.

Xx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jen you must have been there just after me

Sorry it didn't work out. You can also use IM progesterone this worked for me on my first

Or prolutex and vaginal But you can only start progesterone 5 days ahead of transfer so just be careful there

Maybe talk to you own doctor here about injectable in the bum progesterone. Its not so bad and pretty much standard in most clinics. I have had this conversation with VH too.

Hope it works next time. We too are considering intralipids but I can't seem to organise here sadly

Stay strong you will get there. Here if I Can help at all

·
Registered
348 Posts
To answer we are meant to travel 29 November but I have had some serious health issues. Always something. If I can get better by then I will try. Fresh cycle so its scary!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh no!!! I hope your ok and will keep my fingers crossed for you to get there! Have you gone with a new donor? Thats not long off at all is it!
I have googled and seems a few clinics about an hour or so away would do intralipids for £250 with proof of advice so thats what my focus is. That’s interesting about the progesterone, thanks for that, ill have a chat about that with VH. They also recommended we have a scratch on the cycle before but im sceptical about that as ive had it in the past, it was awful and made no difference!
Have they changed anything in your protocol this time round? X

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Jen

Yes progesterone 5 days in advance switches on your uterus lining for implantation. Just follow their advice and use the prolutex and pessaries and you’ll be fine.

New donor yes. We may skip intralipids. I’ve had a scratch each time and I have had implantation. So I think it’s good to do. Maybe find someone better at it. Shouldn’t be too awful. Although my pregnancies ended in chemicals. But in October I needed hysteroscopy and ended up with a full D&C and clear out so no scratch this time for me. I feel I’ve had enough.

Intralipids are indicated but I don’t really rate the evidence. However no harm. But they need to be done a week before transfer and then twice after I believe to be effective. And I can’t find somewhere to do it in ireland.

I am on steroids and thyroid meds and have had bloods checked so hopefully i have done enough. Plus a fresh transfer of I hope 2 embryos.

It’s all a lot. We end lockdown here December 2 so no isolation on return. Plus they covid test anyway so that’s helpful to have.  Still a lot to navigate right now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Jen,

Sorry I've only just read your post.
I'm so so sorry things didn't work for you in August. It's such a hard thing to deal with after all the prep finances and emotions that go into it. I hope your doing ok and starting to feel good about your plan for your two frosties when restrictions have settled.

Just to let you know on the progesterone front I did an ERA this time. I've never done it before but it had been recommended to me by so many friends who swear by it. The reason why I mentioning it to you is that it actually determines how much progesterone you need before embryo transfer day. The standard is 5 days but the ERA tells you if you are pre or post receptive meaning you may require more or less progesterone than the usual 5 days. Mine came back post receptive meaning I only need 4 days of progesterone. I'm not saying it's for you or that you need it. It's pricey enough but it definitely gives you more accuracy re progesterone. It's maybe something you could have a look into yourself.
How much progesterone were you on before the august transfer? What form? I'm on IM progesterone this time.

Re the intralipids I've done them for every cycle. I don't know how effective they are but for me they are always suggested as I have raised NK cells. If nothing else I will say they are really good for you and can't do any harm so long as your not allergic to any of the ingrediants. I had mine yesterday and the nurse said she gives them all the time for IVF and she rates them highly. I'm in Ireland so can't advise re where to get them in the UK.

Lastly the scratch. I've had mine in prep for this transfer. It's painful but should only last a few minutes. Like most things in IVF it is an empirical procedure so hard to know how beneficial it really is.

To answer your question we're flying this Sunday TF monday please God!!!! Only 4 eggs fertilised so I am nervous but trying to stay positive  ^pray^

ZC
Hey mrs I just sent you a PM but just to let you know I got intralipids no problem here in Ireland. Hibernian do them in your house or in their office.

Anyway serious baby dust to us all  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi! Just a quick one to say our daughter arrived via planned c section on the 16th November. She was breech throughout and here a breech delivery isn’t even considered. It was actually very lucky as my placenta was stuck to my uterus wall and I lost over 2 litres of blood and had a pretty hard surgery. It was all totally worth it though and had no impact on our baby, just taken me a bit longer to recover and very scary in theatre and for my husband.

Jenny, wishing you all the luck in the world for your upcoming transfer. If you remember I only had 4 mature eggs collected, 3 fertilised, 2 made it to day 5 and only one PGS tested normal so it really does only take one!

Wishing you all so much luck for the rest of 2020 and next year. Who knows if we will try again, at the moment it is pretty far from my mind and my husband is not so keen after the complications with delivery but we will revisit the question a bit further down the line xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Firefly!!!!!!

I literally only have a minute as up to my eyes and flying Sunday but wanted to say HUGE CONGRATS!!!! So so happy to hear of the birth of your daughter. My God it seems like yesterday when we were all chatting about your plans for transfer. I'm sorry you had such a hard time. It sounds really severe but you go girl...well done for being wonder woman and getting through it all. Really thrilled for you and your hubs  ^hugme^

Thanks for the well wishes. Soooo nervous that all will go to plan but please God it will  ^pray^

CONGRATS!!!!!!  ^itsagirl^

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is still on this thread but transferred 2 little embies last Monday. No frosties.

Really stressful time due to allergic reaction & a few other things but home since yesterday so really happy to be back and have fingers and toes and everything crossed and praying like a mad one.

Hope ur all well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ahh wow good luck Jenny!!! Whens your test day?? How you feeling? Did all go well for the transfer? What was it like being over in Spain in relation to covid?? I will be keeping everything crossed for you!! So will you have another intralipid infusion if the test result is positive? What was your allergy to? Hope your ok!

Thanks both for all the info on the intralipids, progesterone and scratch, much appreciated. Were hoping after Christmas/new year we’ll start preparing for our next frosties going in. Its nice to have a break but its always in the back of my mind i want to crack on with things!!

I had an ERA test done about 2 years ago and the result was ‘receptive’ so i guess that meant we had been transferring at the right time. On my last transfer i just had the lovely pessaries 400mg morning and night then i started the SC lubion on day of transfer.

Weve never been able to transfer a fresh embie as with my own eggs i always produced too many so always had a ‘freeze all’ that was one of the reasons for donor really then we could have a fresh transfer but covid put a stop to that, does make me wonder if a fresh transfer would make all the difference!

Good luck Jenny, hope your doing lots of resting and not driving your self too insane (easier said than done i know!!) keep us posted 🤞🏼

Xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Jen

Just a quick msg but will reply better next time...a bit tired here.

So did a first response test 5dp5dt and got faint line.
6th day slightly more evident but only slightly but did get a pos on clear blue digital.
Am really really far from celebrating yet though as I think the second line on first response needs to be waaay darker. Had an early miscarriage before so guess that scares me.

Trying to remain positive though  ^pray^

So my allergy was to IM progesterone. Long story short I had a severe reaction and had to be changed to prolutex and cyclogest. It was all very scary but ok now.

Spain is grand. No probs at all in terms of Covid.

Hope your keeping well and are looking forward to the new year xx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh wow!!! I really hope it keeps getting stronger and stronger. I know that feeling all too well, weve had 2 chemical pregnancies and it does steel that precious moment of a positive pregnancy test but its definitely a step in the right direction!!! Looking in from the outside... you still have to cherish these positive snippets, they’re what keep us going so try to enjoy it, even if only a little bit 😉

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!! Keep us posted!

Xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Jen2907

Hope your well and looking forward to the new year. I really hope it will be your year and all of us on in Vistahermosa ^pray^

Just to update you and anyone else still reading this thread with a bit of good news
My 1st HCG BETA was 619 12dp5dt
Really over the moon and can't quite believe it.
Second BETA will be Monday and hoping and praying the numbers double  ^pray^ ^pray^
After 3 yrs of IVF and no baby it is so hard to comprehend that this might actually be working for us!!!
I feel myself now worry about the BETA's doubling ...I know...totally bonkers  ^idiot^ It just feels too good to be true though.
Your so right... I need to celebrate the good times. I reckon if we get a good doubling on the HCG's I'll start to celebrate a little more. I know it sounds really selfish...we got our positive...but honestly I just can't help it. I think it's from the last 3 yrs of bad news.
We are REALLY REALLY grateful to be at this stage though...God not taking that for granted not one little bit.

Listen I really hope this gives you a boost for 2021 knowing that UR are getting it right I'll just have everything crossed for you for the New year xx

ZC I cannot wait to chat to you but your inbox is full.  Delete delete delete mrs  ;)

841 - 860 of 894 Posts