Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
861 - 880 of 902 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ahhhh wow!!!! Amazing news! What was your beta on Monday??? Such good news for you after all these hurdles and patiently waiting for things to settle! Its really good to hear a positive story!! Keeping everything crossed your numbers are doubling nicely!! Keep me posted, congratulations on getting this far 🥳 xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Jen

So happy to report blds we're 2887 after on the Monday. That was 15dp5dt. I'm thinking they have to go way higher than that to be twinsies but of course ya never know. We transferred 2 & sure it would just be like some kind of dreamy miracle if we were blessed that way but we would be beyond delighted to just have a healthy little baby 🙏🙏 Fingers & toes & everything crossed. 🙏🙏
First scan next Fri. Cannot wait as don't really have any symptoms yet which I don't like. Hoping a serious case of nausea heads my way soon 😅😅never thought I'd wish for that...cracked or what 🤣

How's everything with you? Hope your looking forward to early 2021. It'll fly around. Are you hoping for jan/Feb? xx

Shout out to all the other vistahermosa gals old & new. Hope everyone is safe & well & looking forward to the festives xx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just a quick update. Feint but clear Positive tests from 4dp5dt of 2 Grade A and Grade B embryos

At 8dp5dt HCG 263 and showing 2-3 weeks on clearblue

Happy and nervous am 4+3 today

Zero symptoms. Maybe a little more tired but the head is melted!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ahhhh fantastic news all round!!!! How amazing  Jenny, good luck for friday, that would be THE most amazing Christmas gift ever!! Ahh twins would be fab i agree! So pleased for you!! Hahah i can imagine all the symptoms would be so reassuring, you might change your mind once you start to feel rubbish!

ZC- when did you sneak off there?! Congratulations to you too for reaching a little milestone! Will be keeping everything crossed for you too! There must be somethhing in the air, some baby dust 😍 hope it stays around for me!!! Have you done anything different this time??

Yeah im hoping jan/feb, think i will be due on early January then would start on the pill and have the scratch and intralipids then start with that next cycle. Have you both had the injection prostap with your cycles? Theres something that i dont like about it stopping everything.. any thoughts???

Really great to hear good news gives me a good boost to think that actually one day it might happen... 7 years weve been at it 🤦🏼‍♀️ Xx

Also did you both have to have a covid test 72 hours before flying?? X

·
Registered
354 Posts
Jen2907 yes covid test required for me as Spain lists the countries and ireland was on it on my way over and the flight was a dream.

On the way back no test required and flight full full. So you really need to take all precautions travelling.

It’s a PCR test that’s needed and here they do it at a number of locations and it’s very easy to get. They give you a cert via email.

VH do the antibodies test on day of transfer only. But it’s handy to have.

Best of luck x

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Jen,

Yeah I'm really hoping & praying the baby dust myself & ZC managed to nab will be there for you too... I'm sure it will 🙏🙏 Seven years is a long time trying. We were about the same but only the last 3/4 were IVF. I know how draining and life consuming it is and you sooo deserve some luck now. I thought mine would never come but wowser😳🤣... so far so good 🙏🙏 First scan Friday so hope my luck keeps going 🙏🙏

So to answer your question the only thing I did differently this time was the ERA. I genuinely think that's what got me over the line as I had been post receptive all along. In fairness though you never know and it may just have been pure luck. I know you've already had an ERA.

Other than that I had the usual. I had a scratch and Intralipids Macs and time lapse. I'm on clexane plus aspirin & steroids for raised NK cells. I didn't have that one injection your referring to but had 5 days of certrotide instead. I'm not sure though if that makes any difference. Your ovaries have to be nice & quiet either way so not sure if how that happens makes a posy odds but chat to VH about it. You need to feel like your doing the right thing for you.

It's exciting and something to look forward to in the new year.

Keep the faith girl xxx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh sorry... your question ré covid testing. We were on the last flight before covid testing became compulsory and it was bonkers totally packed. The testing is a good thing as flights seem to be pretty full and I agree with ZC you need to be on top of your precautions with a good mask etc. I reckon Jan\Feb will be alot less busy though xx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry forgot to answer about injection. I’ve always had down reg shot on day 16 of cycle before transfer of decaceptyl. It would make me feel awful. I had a feeling  I didn’t so well and I missed periods after it.

So this time I skipped it. And just did pill to day 21 stop then estrogen from day 1 at 3 x 2mg. Scan day 13. Transfer day 21.

I didn’t want extended estrogen past day 21 as this never worked for me in the last and progesterone was started 5 days before transfer on day 6.

I just researched and tried to see what would work best for me having had so many fails. And spoke with clinic who in fairness always asked the doctors and came back to me.

Also on clexane and prednisolone

I’m on eltroxin for thyroid anyway and it needs monitoring.

Get yourself good masks for the flight. Board last bag under seat if possible. Don’t eat on the flight if possible. I brought antibac wipes and cleaned it all. Then my hands and used sanitiser frequently. The progesteone made me need to pee so had to use loo. So consider that.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
354 Posts
Scan today showed 2 sacs but only one is measuring correctly. So we are hoping one sticks around to next scan when we could see heartbeat and have a better idea of viability.

Exhausted. Long day. And I can’t stay awake!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks so much for all the info ladies, very much appreciated!

ZC- When you say you didnt want extended eostrogen past day 21 do you mean you stopped taking the eostrogen after transfer? I really dont like the decaceptyl injections for the same reasons, so i will discuss that with VH. What dose of prednisalone are you both taking if you dont mind me asking 1000 questions!!
Great news about the scan!!! Whens the next one? Are you about 5 weeks now? Got everything crossed for healthy sticky embies!!
Im starting to think we might not get there as early as feb now as covid seems to be on the rise again, my husband doesn't like the idea of having the scratch and intralipids incase we dont get there and its all for nothing but will see what the next couple of weeks bring...Hopefully we wont go into another full lockdown after xmas.

Jenny- how did you get on today with your scan? Been thinking of you

Xx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Jen

Just over 5 weeks now. Very very early. Sorry to clarify estrogen continues but I didn’t want to transfer past day 21 of estrogen as I seem to not do well with transfers later than that. For example my last transfer was day 25 I think and before that similar. And when I did some research there is a reduction in success rates past that for some women and I felt that was me. So I was timing this transfer carefully.

I didn’t have a scratch this time but I did have a D&C. I’ve had a scratch for all other transfers and bfn and chemicals. I’ve never had intralipids even though I do have immune issues so would be a candidate but I didn’t organise it on time. So I just took that chance.

It does seem to be getting a little worse now with covid but I think we are always going to be dealing with this until the vaccination protocols are well under way. I have just went when I could really making sure all flights and hotels were refundable or changeable.

Hope that clarifies and helps and I really hope you get to travel shortly. Covid and delays are so difficult to manage.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Checking in here to see how everyone is doing. Christmas over and boom into this awful Covid time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I see there's been some good news over here.  Keeping all fingers crossed for you all  :-*

Overall it feels quite quiet here. Does anyone have plans of going out soon? Thinking of starting our next round soon... Round 4. All fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks ZC. Now how will I go and face potential stay in a hotel..... ^idiot^
They are allowing people to travel for medical reasons... I wonder if we can avoid a potential hotel stay on return to the UK, for medical reasons too!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Everyone,

How are you getting on ZC? Hope all is going well! We were hoping to get over jan/feb but all flights have been cancelled here from UK to Spain so waiting until things are abit more settled with covid, if that ever happens. Where are you flying from mrs hopeful? I also had my covid vaccination  about 2 weeks ago, after much debate. Not sure if i will be advised to wait for a couple of months afterwards before next cycle. Hope everyones ok xx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have just found this thread and have yet to go through it properly so apologies if I am going over old ground.

We are considering Vistahermosa for Embryo Donation and wondered if there was anyone who had gone down this route already with them (successfully or not) and if there was anything in particular that I should know before making my decision.
In fact, would love to hear any feedback at all about the clinic.

Just by way of background, we, like us all in this boat, have had a tough journey.  Our 1st and only born child sadly died when he was 7 months old. Since then we have done numerous rounds of OE and DE IVF. I have had varying degrees of success in terms of getting pregnant but to date have had 6 miscarriages. Each time we resolve one issue, another seems to surface. My age is very much against us and the delays in 2020 due to COVID means we are now seriously running out of time. At the moment I am looking at VistaHermosa in Spain and a clinic in the Ukraine. Clearly travelling is going to be difficult but I suspect Spain is an easier travel option than the Ukraine.

Thanks for reading this far and appreciate any insight into VistaHermosa.

Oakleigh x

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jen2907 how are you getting on?  Whereabouts are you in your journey? 
We're still a while away.  As we need donor eggs, it's about 2-3 months between us getting started on a round to the transfer.  Just so hesitant on when to start due to all these restrictions. We're in London...  Any idea if they advise us to have the vaccine before our treatment? Fingers crossed for us all.  xx

·
Registered
104 Posts
@Oakleigh welcome to the group! No need to apologise. There's just so much to take in!
I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.  ^pray^

Let me tell you why I chose Vistahermosa and why we've stuck with them. We've had 3 rounds of DE IVF with them, didn't even get to the transfer stage with the 1st 2 rounds (due to the sperm) and 3rd was unsuccessful. 

We met the URVH team at an event in the UK, including Dr. Galvez, the head of the reproductive unit for all URVH clinics. Straightaway we got a good feeling from him.  We went to Alicante and visited a couple of clinics. URVH appealed as it's so clean and modern inside, the clinic is part of a hospital (big plus for me was should any further assistance be needed for me or the donor, we're in a great big hospital). Dr Galvez leads the unit and all the clinics across Spain, and if you Google him, you'll see how accomplished he is. That gave us a lot of confidence.  They give us good amount of time on Skype - before, during and after treatments.

Keep us posted on your journey....  All the best

861 - 880 of 902 Posts