Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
881 - 900 of 901 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
What are your thoughts on getting the vaccine before treatment?
Received a letter from the hospital. They are neutral on this matter...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Oakleigh, i was so sorry to read your story. VH are a great clinic, we chose them just by researching around all the clinics in Spain really and i made contact with quite a few and my heart told me to go with them so we did. i chose Spain as its only a couple of hours flight. We have done donor egg and sperm with them, first round unsuccessful, we have 2 remaining frozen and trying to get started but things keep cropping up!

Hi Mrs hopeful! how are you getting on? are you any closer? i have had my vaccine as i am a Nurse so i felt it was safer to have it than not. i know there are alot of rumours about the vaccine causing infertility problems but it is all a myth. There doesn't seem to have been any instruction to delay IVF treatment after receiving the vacc. So probably comes down to your own preference really.

I have just had my results back from blood tests before started and my TSH has come back at 3.22 so they have advised me to see an endocrinologist and then get back to them so i feel like its going to be yet another delay. Does anyone have any information or advice on this? do i just book in with any private endocrinologist? or do they have to know about IVF? i must admit i have found it very stressful organising everything myself here in the UK. GP has been really reluctant to even do blood test for us. I've been in touch with a clinic here who will do endo scratch but struggling to get anyone to do intralipids. Feel like we have waited all this time for restrictions to lift and now more delays because of bloods. Sorry for being Mrs Negative, feeling abit annoyed  :(

Hope everyones ok! xx

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Jen

That’s what my TSH was on day of transfer. I was on 75 of eltroxin then went to 100 and it came down to 0.4! So back to 75 and I’m now at 0.2-0.4.

So glad to hear you’ve had your vaccine. Which one out of interest? And any side affects? We can get it here past 14 weeks but my turn seems to be end of the summer which is disappointing. We seem to have messed up supplies in Ireland. All healthcare and over 85s are done. They are doing vulnerable groups this week so hopefully it will speed up. I’ve no issue taking it pregnant either.

I hope your get your Thyroid sorted. But also good to remember that under 4 is within the normal range and many endocrinologists do not agree with lower TSH for fertility but rather like to monitor it in pregnancy because it rises. So I guess fertility clinics like it lower to start. That’s what VH had said to me they’d prefer it lower. But sure they gave me the results after transfer so ...

How is travel looking?

·
Registered
350 Posts
To add. You can do bloods yourself by sending samples. Order the kit online. Just google them. A friend is in the uk and does all her bloods herself now for fertility for the same reason with an unhelpful GP. Hope that helps.

You’ll get there!

·
Registered
20 Posts
ahh thanks ZC i will look into the online kits, that would be much better, thanks. That reassuring also that your TSH was elevated on transfer day, so wouldn't necessarily prevent embryo from sticking. Mediation really made a difference then, did the endocrinologist prescribe that? i would have thought VH would have just recommended a medication for me to take. they just emailed and put 'we advise you to see an endocrinologist, let us know what they say, and then we will tell you if you can continue'. I have contacted an endocrinologist so hopefully they will get back to me. my cycles are sooo long i really don't want to miss out on this one, as i can be waiting 60 days for next one!

I had the Oxford Vaccine, i have only had the first dose, 2nd one is due in a couple of weeks, there doing them 10 weeks apart here. I did feel abit rough for 24/48 hours and a temperature after the jab but managed with paracetamol and was still able to go to work so not that bad. Much better than having COVID!  Thats great they are able to give it to you at 14 weeks, how many weeks are you now? hopefully you'll get it before summer, would be reassuring to know you were protected against it. I don't think they are giving it to pregnant ladies here.

In terms of travel, there does seem to be the odd flight popping up to alicante, we can travel for medical purposes so i'm hoping should be ok, by the time we would be going end of April, some restrictions are beginning to lift too. VH have confirmed Spain allow entry for medical purposes also and they would write a letter to confirm we are travelling for medical reasons.

Thanks for you advice! Much appreciated x

·
Registered
350 Posts
VH advised on the thyroid result and that I should increase the eltroxin and my GP prescribed it. VH will give you a prescription if you ask them.
I’ve been on it a long time and thyroid TSH always high. But a small increase can manage it as is apparent here!

I also had a 60+ long cycle before too. It was the injection of dececeptyl that caused it. So this time I took the pill in previous month skipped the scratch and  dececeptyl and everything was timed perfectly. I know you’ll have to wait for your cycle to come now but I found the decaceptyl just didn’t agree with me at all and seemed to put me into menopausal state so I needed more hormone support.

I was also prescribed prednisilone at 5mg and intralipids but I didn’t do the intralipids based on my own research. I chose the injectable progesteone lubion under the skin combined with the pessaries. Progesterone timing was so important too. 5 days exactly with a single dose rectally on morning of transfer. I also took a small dose of diazepam right before transfer having discussed with clinic. It relaxes the muscles. They can give it to you in the clinic or natural alternative. 

I transferred two grade As but we had some sperm issues. Only one stuck but there appeared to be a small sac on the first scan which faded

Hope that info helps. I know how tough this is. 

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if pharmacys accept emailed prescriptions? Just begrudge paying £40 delivery from pharmacy 2u for 1 box of medications that cost about £2!? Thanks x

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine did. They need the stamp on them which VH do. Or print them yourself and bring them in I’ve done that too. No reason for them not too unless your pharmacy has a policy that your own GP has to rewrite but that only applied to me when it was a high tech item like decaceptyl shot or lubion but they are the costly ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all. Nice to read through some of your success stories :). Is anyone planning on cycling with VH soon (or at least trying to- Covid permitting)?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi chips. We are finished on our journey but can’t recommend them enough or if you’ve any questions fire away.
I think it’s quiet here because of restrictions etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for responding ZC, really appreciate it. I’ve just changed my username since we’re going down the donor egg route. It’s not that we aren’t telling people but would rather do that ourselves than people know who I am through a really obvious username.

I spoke to Dr Lopez Galvez this week and he seems nice. I’m finding it really hard to chose a clinic though so really not sure yet.

We are taking a punt that we can travel to Spain soon.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Totally get that. There are a few nice clinics in Spain and Alicante.
Message if you need to know anything at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Mrs Hopeful and all, we didn’t pick Vistahermosa to cycle with in the end, we went for one of the Barcelona clinics (Reproclinic) but yes we are hoping to cycle with them soon, Covid dependent
How about yourself?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi, I have a 2 year old via VH, we had a frostie left but it didn't work so we want to cycle again. Our old donor is not willing to do it. We are considering a new donor but the clinic is refusing the tell us if she is university educated or not. Is this information anyone else has had?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi RT,

No we got very basic information on our donors. The information included age, blood type, hair eye and skin colour and BMI.
I noticed in your signature note you did tests with Dr Gorgy. Did you have success with that cycle?

xx

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi RT,

No we got very basic information on our donors. The information included age, blood type, hair eye and skin colour and BMI.
I noticed in your signature note you did tests with Dr Gorgy. Did you have success with that cycle?

xx
I had success after the Donor Cycle with VH, Dr Gorgy didn't work but I'm not sure if that's because my eggs were just no good. It was very expensive and very painful as well as emotionally draining as i had LIT treatment with him. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had success after the Donor Cycle with VH, Dr Gorgy didn't work but I'm not sure if that's because my eggs were just no good. It was very expensive and very painful as well as emotionally draining as i had LIT treatment with him. Hope that helps.

881 - 900 of 901 Posts