Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i am just wondering if anyone has tried Wellman and pregncare to get pregnant and if it worked.They both seem to have the vitamins and minerals to help conceive.These can be bought in boots.
Thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
We used Marylin Glenville vits, are expensive but have greater concentrations of the suggested vits for improving fertility.  The wellman and pregnacare may be just as good but might suit your budget better? 

We also take 1000g of Vit C and 1000g of flax seed oil per day which can be sourced from any health shop - Holland and Barrett have a sale on at the moment and are cheapest!

Hope this helps

LindaJane

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi
I've just put my hubby on Wellman and I have been on Pregnacare for ages.  I'm sure multi vits can only be a good thing.

I recently read that eggs are good for sperm counts because they are high in Vit E.  Also zinc, and red coloured fruit and veg. I put him on Wellman because it had higher Vit E than multi vits.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
thanks for your replys.We are off on holiday on Tuesday so i am hoping that we will be more relaxed and you never know it might happen.
I already have a son which we got caught quite quickly.So it makes it hard to understand why we haven't this time.I thought back to when we decided to have our first on what we were eating and how healthy we were and i remembered my partner was taking disolvable vitamin c as he was sick of getting colds he ended up taking them as part of his routine. He wasn't taking any other vitamins.It has now got me thinking that maybe there was a problem first time round and  because he had been taking vit c for so long we conceived without out realising there was a problem.So he is back on them as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

I have heard that upping your intake of Vit C can help infertile couples. 

Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi

I've read that vitamin c is good for the repairing and creating normal sperm, and is essential for people who smoke.  I've also read that Ginseng is wonderful for the production of sperm and raising the sperm count.  My husband has just recently started taking these' and we both hope that his sperm count will raise to sufficent levels to enable us to have a baby naturally, it has given me a great deal of hope and happiness, if not winter time we will be off to the doctors again, for his help.  Hope this is encouraging for you. Take care
Tam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts