Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all on the appointment with the doctor months ago after my sperm test the consultant said all was fine but my volume was a little low and advised me to take some vitamins and being a man it went straight over my head :-[ being as dw has started on clomid we want to have the very best chance of concieving so any ideas on what the minerals are ?.i think he said c minerals or might of been sea minerals but i am at a loss i dont fancy going into holland and barrets and having to explain to some spotty chav about my inner workings so any help would be greatfully received

Rich

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hi Noodles

Was just passing when I saw this post.  Vitamin C and zinc are the most important for sperm I think.  Marilyn Glenville suggests 1000mg Vit C and 30mg zinc per day.  My DH is taking a Wellman one a day tablet (bought from any good supermarket or chemist) as this covers most things and then just topping up the vit C and zinc levels plus taking a 1000mg flaxseed capsule.  I think there is a lot more info about vitamins etc on the complementary therapies board.

Good luck

Fluffs xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a manager for one of the holland and barrett stores (spotty chav eh!!! lol) and would advise anyone to go in and talk to the staff as we all have training in these areas. As said before zinc is vital for both the man and the woman for fertility. We would recommend vit c if either party smokes and also it may help to take vitamin e and selenium. It must be said that if you are on prescribed medication then check with the doctor before taking alternative medicine. It should also be said that the herbal route can only help the body to reach its peak and other than zinc which improves sperm count will not aid fertility. It hasn't worked for us yet but we keep trying!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts