Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direcetion.

I have PCOS and i was wondering what i can take naturally to help with this and not ovulating.

I am still waiting on an answer from my GP regarding me taking clomid alongside metformin which i'm currently on.

Sadly i have to turn to this method now as i was told a week ago they won't be funding my 2nd nhs ivf cycle due to the guidline changes next year.

thanks in advance.

nerys

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello Nerys :)
I to0 have PCOS. I have been on Clomid and Metformin and been pregnant 3 times in the last year with no succesful pregnancies so far. I have now stopped taking metformin and clomid and am trying to kick start my periods the natural way. I have been taking agnus castus and milk thistle alongside vits and minerals from Dr Marilyn Glenville www.marilynglenville.co.uk
Hope this helps
Love
Helen1

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the difficulties you are going through. I had suspected PCOS a couple of years ago, luckily for me it looks like I don't have it.

I suggest contacting Marilyn Glenville's clinic too, she has a good book on natural solutions for infertility and supplement programmes. It is a bit costly to see her but her clinicians are a little cheaper. www.marilynglenville.com/ or www.naturalhealthpractice.co.uk/ . She isn't a medical doctor but very experienced in female hormone issues.
Other places to try:
Foresight (www.foresight-preconception.org.uk/) who have over 25yrs experience in preconceptual care and Marilyn used to be Chairman there.
Zita West (www.zitawest.com/) who is very famous an ex-midwife and written a book on precoceptual care.
Patrick Holford has also written a book with a Foresight practitioner called: Optimum Nutrition Before, During and After Pregnancy Everything you need to achieve optimum well-being. This is an top book too.
Various books on PCOS are in local book shops.

I have been on the Foresight plan with added Chasteberry for 8 months and it is sorting my cycle out. Worth getting your partner to get in tip top condtion too - all helps to increase your chances of success.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Babydust.

Charlie x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts