·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiAll,

Have been out today and got the following:

Gill: follic acid 400ug,

Me: Zinc 15mg, ginseng 500mg.

Both: Vitamin c 1000mg, multi vitamin + iron and cod liver oil.

Is this all the right things to be taking and can or should gill also have ginseng?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,
Not sure re the ginsing - but on the cod liver oil, I was adviced not to take it as it comes from the liver of the fish and can contain toxins. I take linseed oil instead...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Gill and Peter,

I am a strong believer in vitamins after my husband took them for 6 months. His semen analysis had not been brilliant so our consultant told us what to take. I also did alot of research and in the end the poor bloke was taking so many vitamins a day he rattled!!!

He took - zinc 15mg
              vitamin e
              vitamin c 500mg
              selenium
              folic acid
              flaxseed (also known as linseed)
              ginseng 500mg

The clinic were amazed that after 6 months his count had gone from 19 million to 120 million, % of abnormal sperm from 85% to 75% (which is right on the border) and motility from 60% to 100%

It saved us having icsi and as you can see from my profile our 1st ivf was successful.

I only took pregnacare which has all the vits a woman needs. Dh stopped having hot baths and cut his alcohol take right down. I on the other hand drank like a fish until our tx began  ;D ;D

Hope this helps, good luck,

L xx

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Fantastic news Tequila!!

Pete: Is Gill on ordinary multivits as she shouldn't have more than 800 micrograms in case she gets pregnant (she will be getting it from the diet too).

Good luck, with love.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Rowena,

Gill should not become pregnant. As she is on Prostrap we are not allowed to have unprotected.

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts