Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Vitamins for men..

584 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  scoobylooby 
#1 ·
Hi there!

I'm trying to get myself and hubby ready for IUI. LIke most women, i'm trying to get him to lay off the booze at weekends!! ^bigbad^Sometimes i'm successful! I was also looking into vitamins. The dosage of vitamins recommended in our fertility book are WAY over the usual amount in regular tablets.

Does anyone have any good information on Vitamins for men?

Scooby xx :)

#2 ·
Hi

I read the Marilyn Glenville book and she also has her own vitamins which DH took.  However, they still did not provide you with what she recommended  ^idiot^  Therefore I topped all the vitamins up to make up the levels.  This did mean that DH was taking 8 or 9 tablets a day  :eek:  :eek:

I know the other one that people recommend is Zita West which is what we moved to, again still having to top up but DH found Marilyn Glenville's tablets too difficult to swallow and kept gagging on them  :(

Either set are quite expensive about £25 for a months supply.

x x x

#3 ·
Thanks for that Scooby!

Blimey...wasn't expecting that!£25 a month! Seems a bit weird that you had to top up on those recommended brands too! Will talk to DH. We want to be tip top...but if he's going to be gagging on horse pills he's not going to do it! Ah we'll see. Thanks

Scooby xx

#4 ·
Hi Scooby  :)

I would definately recommend the Zita West ones as they were alot easier to swallow  ;)

All the best

x x x

#5 ·
Hi

Have a read of the Prenatal Care & Complementary Therapies boards as I'm sure you'll find lots of useful info on those.  Also, try using the search facility as this question seems to be getting asked more & more and there's definitely some threads discussing this on Peer Support.

My DP takes Wellman Vits which contain pretty much everything needed.

Take care
Natasha

#7 ·
My DH used Superdrug multi vit plus zinc - I think about 59p for 30 days supply, we did change a few things also like no caffine, no tap water - filtered, 6 brazil nuts a day, and fresh orange juice (not from concentrate) plus he gave up the booze and smoking, his count went from 35 million per mil to 65 million in 5 months...... not sure which probably helped the most but somthing did!!

Good luck. xxx

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thanks guys!

It really gets quite confusing when you start looking into it. I guess there is is no one vitamin pill, so we  all have to mix and match as we see fit..!
Going to plump for the Wellman ones and maybe supplement slightly. My head will explode if i read another website about it!
I hope all this living like a saint is worth it....my only vice is chocolate and NOBODY is going to take that away from me!!

Cheers girls, good tips!

Scooby x ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.