Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Very quick question. I looked on the website for Marilyn Glenville and read an article on there that says to increase chances of conceiving, she recommends some vitamins to take and she has a pack called The Fertility Plus for Women or The Fertility Plus for Men which you can order online.

I am thinking of doing this, has anyone else got these and what is the general feeling?

The cost is £22.50 for a months supply.

Would appreciate your comments.
Thanks
Debs

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Debs,

I have been taking the Marilyn Glenville Vits since the beginning of April and have recently had the best egg collection of all my cycles - I personally think that although the vits are expensive, it is a small price to pay in the bigger picture!

If my dh does have to have another op to retrieve his sperm, I will be getting him started on the vits for men!

I know there are quite a lot of people on this site that are following Marilyn Glenvilles advice.

If you order 2 months worth of vits at a time, you do not pay P&P.

Hope this is of some help!

All the best,

Sue :-* :-*

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue - I think I will invest in 2 months supply and see where we go from there.

I read up about chinese herbs too, but they give a cauction too - so will just stick to the vits for the timebeing.

Thanks again and I just don't know what I would do without this site - its great. :D

Speak to you soon
Debs x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi Deb
I have been taken the vits for my last cycle and now this one.
Our first cycle I didn't and it was negative, 2nd cycle,I took them and got a positive :D, but unfortunetly miscarried :'(, so this time dh and I are taking them, Well you have to try don't you ::) :p
Good Luck
Jo :-*

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jo and Clare
Thanks for the response and it all seems so positive - especially for you Clare - congrats!!!

Well sent off for some today and also invested in 1000mg of Vit C's and 1000mg of Linseed Oil which she also recommends - heres hoping!

good luck to you all - Clare, if its a girl are you gonna call it Marilyn!! lol ;D

Debs x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Debs, ^angel^

It has been a 9 month struggle. I had surgery in Feb 2002 for severe endometriosis. No cycle for 4 months with super high fsh. Super high estrogen for the next 3 months which I am told masks a high fsh. Last month, I finally got estrogen down and the fsh kicked up.
I finally got the good news today. I called my doctors office back and they are telling me that my FSH is normal!!!!

Here are the things that helped me lower FSH:

Lots of prayer and faith to believe what the doctor sees on paper may be true today, but may not be true tomorrow even though she says it will be.

Wheatgrass is the big thing. 1 oz. wheatgrass daily

Vitex herb-Balances hormones.

Organic diet

There is a tremendous website all about high fsh: www.fertileheart.com
and the book: Inconcievable by Julia Indochova
She battled fsh and has 2 children. I went to her workshop in NYC. She also has a unique approach to healing which I found inspirational.

Blessings to you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Special K

So glad to hear your levels have gone down after all that time you must be really pleased that is such good news. Thanks for letting me know. Well my levels are still high, however I have recently had a laproscopy, hystcscopy and polyposcopy and everything is 100%, my tubes are clear, my ovaries are large and healthy, I am ovulating and producing eggs so my consultant just cannot believe why my levels are still high. Basically he thinks my high fsh levels may have been a blip, so have been told to go away for 2 months and try naturally, still to take my bloods on day 2-5 for the next couple of months and see what happens.

But I will definitely try wheatgrass I suppose you get this from a health store? Is it a vitamin? Herb?

Also my dh has low count and I have been advised to give him zinc, plus the Marilyn Granvilles vits for men I have heard good results about this so will try that. Especially as my consultant is saying there is nothing wrong, if we can raise my dh level, then we may be on a winner!

However as you say, I really do believe that it will happen. I am a firm believer in thinking if you think positive, you will be positive obviously sometimes it is a tad hard, but I really do try and must admit feel good about it.

Well good luck to you and thank you so much for letting me know how you got on etc whats the next step for you?

Take care
Debs x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Debs,
So glad to hear that you are clear and can try naturally. Go for it! Many people have conceived with high fsh. I also hear that these hormones can fluctuate alot, so 2 months they can be different.

I find wheatgrass at natural juice bars. It looks like long grass that they squeeze the juice out of. You only take a shot of it each day. Fresh is the best, but it is also available in tablets if it is hard to find fresh.

I will pray for your little miracle.
Keep me posted!
Special K

·
Registered
31 Posts
HI
JUST LOOKED ON THE MARILYN GLENVILLE WEB SITE TO READ UP ON THE FERTILITY+ VITS AND U CANT ORDER THEM ONLINE!
WEB SITE BEING UPDATED!!!! :mad:
I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE A TRY AS SO MANY OF U SAY THAT THEY HELPED WITH YOUR INFERTILITY.
HAVE TO TRY ANOTHER TIME.
BYE
JUSTINE XXX

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
You can phone up to order them otherwise.

Kylepaul - how is the adoption going?

xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi lou,
the adoption,moving along very slowly!got to wait until january for the talk given by adoption team.
i dont know what happens after that,find out in jan i suppose?
we also find out on 20 dec if we qualify for nhs iui treatment as our local hospital has just been given some more funding for it.knowing our luck we wont get it. :'(we dont qualify for any treatment,only to reduce my endometriosis.very disheartening ^mercy^
hope yours goes well in jan03
all the best
justine(kylepaul) xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My husband takes the Fertility Plus for men and his motility and count went up a lot :)

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hi there

just wanted to let you know that I had 2 IUIs and 2 IVFs and didn't take the vits - all negative. Then on third IVF I took the MG vits and I'm now 12 weeks PG.

Who knows whether it was the vits or just luck but definitely worth taking them!

Good luck

Sophie
xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
My husband also took Fetility Plus for about 6 months, his sperm count was much better after a time. Our first attempt at ICSI also worked. l really do believe that they helped us. Anything is worth a try.
Love Lou x

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Justine, the web site has been saying that for about a year so I wouldn't hold your breath!!! Just ring them on 08705 329244 or email: [email protected]

You will get your order quicker if you 'phone them. Just give them your credit card details and if you order 2 months supply you get p&p free.

We've been using them for a while and would recommend them.

Jenny

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried to order these vits on line and there is a prob with the site at the moment - typical.

I am trying Agnus Castus has anyone else tried that? I have irregular ovulation and thought it might help.

Loonpants

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I take Agnus castus. Took it for 3 months in 2000 and got pg with my little boy at the end of the third month - don't know if it was coincidence or not. Been taking it 5 months now to try and lengthen my luteul phase which is a little short at 9 or 10 days.

Jenny

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi There! I have just started taking these marilyn Glenville vitamins and following her book. Is anyone else out there trying it or is there anyone with positive stories to give me a boost?
Kate
xxx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hi Kate, before i started using this website, an old site had this recommendation

"I was initially sceptical about this book, but agreed to read it to pacifiy friends, and was intruiged by it's quietly rational approach to making your body the best possible place for a baby. My husb and and I followed a good part of her suggestions (went organic, filtered water, cut down/out alcohol and caffeine, took vitamins as suggested), and fell pregnant 4 months later. So far (6 months on!) this pregnancy is going well. I would recommend this book to all couple trying to conceive, particulary if they are having difficulties, or are about to try assisted techniques, as I'm sure this can increase your chances substantially."

Both DH and I have been taking the vits for 2months now, won't know the effects till we start IVf but will keep you posted C x

·
Registered
913 Posts
Both DP and I took these vitamins plus flaxoil and vitamin C and we switched to a mainly organic diet. DP also took 180mg of pycenogol daily - very expensive and I took agnus castus prior to tx. We both felt incredibly well through out the winter of 2004 with no colds etc and our first attempt at ICSI has resulted in a BFP!

The supplements are not cheap however as we were lucky enough to get NHS funding we decided to try anything that we could to secure a positive result - it worked for us this time.

I have read lots of books and articles about food and its effects on health. One thing that horrified me was that bagged salads (not organic ones) are filled with a gas that has compounds that might effect male fertility! We cut out processed foods and focussed on fresh produce. The cost of our shopping did not change despite organic been more expensive - processed stuff is too!

Good luck!
LindaJane

1 - 20 of 25 Posts