Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I am planning a second ivf treatment in a few months time and would like to know if anyone has advice over which vitamins or supplements it would be useful to take in preparation. I'd like to try and get my body as healthy and prepared as possible.
Thanks,
Laura

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Laura

I agree with Clare. Get the book you can order online with Amazon for around £11-00. It's packed with info and has an easy to follow four month plan.

Dh and I are taking fertility plus, vit C and Linseed oil capsules as recommended in the book. Started a couple of weeks ago so have no feed back to give there except I feel better knowing I'm doing something positive.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on. Take care love Jen :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks girls,
I had a look at Marilyn Glenville's website and have ordered the vitamins for me and Dh. I've just got to keep fingers crossed now that they'll help!
Laura

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Laura,

I`ve been following most of Marilyn Glenvilles plan, and taking the vitamins, I`ve just tested positive on our 5th FET, the 1st cycle we`ve done whilst on the plan. I don`t know if this is the reason why it has worked this time but it has surely helped. Have felt better on them and at my scan I had no ovarian cysts which I have usually had when scanned.

Good Luck

LOL Sam x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi Laura
I also took Marilyn Glenvilles supplements for 3 months prior to starting our 2nd go at IVF and had a Positive.
I'm sure they did help.
Good Luck.
Jo

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

All of you that have followed Marilyn Glenvilles plan - how strict have you followed it?

I have bought the Vit C and the Linseed Oil and have been taking the Sanatogen Pronatal Multi Vits for over a year now.

I have a huge stock of the Sanatogen (thx to Boots 2 for the price of one), however, looking at the make up - they don't have the full make up of Marilyns supplements.

In her book, for some of the vits, she says up to 50mg etc.

Can anyone tell me the exact make up of her Fertility Plus - so I can determine whether I need to order this or just buy some of the others like Vit A to top mine up.

I'm also confused my the quanitities, what is the difference between iu, mcg and mg. For example, Marilyn says to have 400mg of Folic Acid, my multi vit says it contains 700iu?

What sort of diets are you following, have you all cut out red meat and just eating Corn Fed Chicken and Fish (I hate any sea food).

I have cut out Coffee and any Alcohol - not that I used to drink loads of this anyway - but when you cut it out altogether its amazing how you miss it.

Please help!

Sue MJ

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sue

Is the Marilyn book any good, I was thinking about buying it - but I am really fussy about food. I don't like fish etc etc. Like you I gave up caffeine and alcohol and took the Boots pregnancy vits, I was just going to supplement these vits with selenium this time. When I went to look at the choices I ended up buying Centrum as it contained everything the preg vits contained but also had selenium in them. Since starting the treatment I have only drunk orange juice or water, but during the 2ww I also had a pint of full fat milk each day. You may know it did the trick but the pregnancy was ectopic. Therefore I probably will do the same, I keep dreaming it will happen naturally whilst waiting for my next cycle. You never know, two week away in the sun!!!

Best Wishes

Mitch

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Sue,

I`ve been on the MG vits for a while now and following a diet which involves cutting out caffiene processed foods and sugary foods, I always choose the more natural food as opposed to the processed version (wholemeal bread & rice etc instead of white), and of course no alcohol, I don`t bother trying to buy everything organic as I was finding it really hard work, so where it is on offer I get the organic version but if not I don`t worry too much. I don`t eat a lot of red meat but I haven`t cut it out completely, and I eat small amounts regularly and before I feel hungry.
I think the most important thing for me is that I have balanced my hormones by cutting out stimulants and sugar boosts which mess up the balance of adrenalin etc which then affects all other hormones.

I will list the ings on the tub if it helps:-
vit E 300iu
" C 200mg
zinc 30mg
vit B1 20mg
B2 20mg
B3 20mg
B5 20mg
B6 20mg
calcium 20mg
magnesium 20mg
beta carotine 15mg
manganese 5mg
iron 5mg
vit A (vegetable) 2300iu
folic acid 400u
selenium 100u
vit K 100u
chromium 20u
vit B12 20u
vit D 100iu

mens vits also have:-
L-arginine 1000mg
Lcaritinine 100mg
L-taurine 100mg

I also take Vit C 1000mg and flaxseed oil 1000mg as recommended by MG.

The vitamins cost £22 for 1 months supply.

Hope this helps,

Sammy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Everyone :)

Has anyone here been taking Sanatogen ProNatal? Ive been taking it for 2 weeks now, it also has extra Folic Acic, I was abit rarey of this so I emaild the company and they said its absuloutly fine to have Extra Folic Acid :)

Please let me know if any of you are taking this, or have any objections to it.

I looked through the Marilyn Book, and found it really interesting, but being me (thinko) I dont really understand what vits to take etc :( So thats why IM taking the ProNatal now, got the tablets are huge!

Anyway best of luck to you all :)

Vicks.
xxxxx

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, just been on marilyn grenville website. Was wondering how you know which vitamins to order?

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi everyone  :)

I'm taking Pregnacare (from boots, supermarkets etc).  It a full vitamin plus the required dose of folic acid for pregnancy all in one tablet.  Assuming this is ok? 

xxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi everyone

Marilyn Glenville does two sets of vitamins especially for fertility - Fertility plus for women and Fertility plus for men. They are quite expensive but do have higher concentrations of vitamins plus some extra ones not found in normal pregnancy vits. I also take the 1000mg Vit C (timed release ones) and 1000mg flaxseed oil.

Rach.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hiya, i've just ordered d/h some fertility plus for men off Dr Glenville's site. thought it was worth a go.  Bit expensive but worth every penny if they help and you do get 90 in the box.  I'm continuing on my pregnacare as I have a box still to use.  xxx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Oops me again!  ;D

I notice some people have added in flaxseed and vit C in addition to their multivit.  Should we all be doing this?  Or is it just if you are on Dr G's fertility plus vits?  Thanks x

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am taking female multiple capsules by solgar, flaxseed oil capsules and naturalprestene cream call femeron. i am not the same as you all as i am 47 and my time is racing away from me. i will give it till the end of this year and thats it. for me. ivf got one good egg in september but it didnt work. God bless us all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts