Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought id start a new thread for those of us waiting for our first scans..
I am having my first scan next tuesday when i will be 6 weeks and 1 day. I am also waiting for my booking in appointmnet with my gp.
Anyone else out there going crazy while they wait??
Ju x

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi there,
        congrats on your BFP  ^banana^ ^banana^
        I too am waiting for my first  scan....it's tomorrow and I am really nervous! I think I will be 6w 2 d. This is the 1st time posted on bun in oven site as I've been bleeding on and off  since last week, I'm very superstitious and didn't want to tempt fate!!!!
        The wait has been a nightmare, I've been off sick since last week so it's dragging so bad, even big brother hasn't kept me entertained!!!!
        Do you think this will be internal or external , do we need full or empty bladder?
                take care hun and good luck for next week
                            love kx

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Congrats to you both on your BFP's.  Just thought i'd but in and say that the scan is internal as Bubs would be too small to see with an external scan. Nice empty bladder, beats being busting for the loo whilst someone presses hard on your tummy LOL

Love Mish x

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kahew.. hope the scan goes well.. have decided not to post on the first trimester thread as if the scan did not show good news id feel devastated to have to go on and tell everyone what had hapened.. but am fine just hanging out here and waiting..I have also had bleeding so the clinic have me booked for a scan next week to check the sacks and then a scan the week after to check for a heartbeat if we dont see one at the first scan.. Am having cramps too but those seem to be my only symptoms.. am quite glad in a way, although i started getting bachache today and ive never had pain in my back before.

Have you had any symptoms??Were you off sick because you felt rough or were you just resting up? Hopefully you'll have your scan tomorrow and your little bubs picture will make you feel more confident about your pregnancy..
Let me know how you get on
Ju x

·
Registered
144 Posts
dear sicknote, 
                had my scan this morning...... one little tiny babe, what a relief!!!!!
                I too had a little cramping last week when I started bleeding, still getting some loss now so try not to worry. Have you any sickness yet? I am so nauseous...I cannot eat from late afternoon, it just comes straight backup!!!!!!!!!
              Don't think I will post on 1st timester board just yet, will wait till after scan in 3 weeks. I was off sick mainly to rest, clinic recommended staying off cos of the bleeding.
                  take care and good luck for next week k x

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi there i am in the same boat too. Actually im very scared as im 6 weeks and 1 day today and i go for my scan next thursday making me 7 weeks. I am worried about it as ive had no signs exept for sore boobs and bad back, no sickness so i hope everything is ok.
You all give me good signs on here and its amazing to see whos going through the same thing- im not alone!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

Can i join on here. I too have been scared to post on Trimester one as i didn't want to tempt fate. Thanks Sicknote for starting this thread.

Kahew you must be so excited and i can only imagine the relief.

Mandyw don't worry about no sickness just hope you are one of the lucky ones who gets away with it. I too have only had bad back and sore enlarging mammaries. However since yesterday i have had a nauseous feeling but no sickness yet ( you may get nauseous a bit later).

Anyone else forever hungry, i just can't seem to feel full no matter how much I eat  ??? 

Have first midwife vist booked in a for the 27th but as yet no scan booked so i could be hanging around here for some time to come. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
May I join in, I tested positive yesterday.

I was on cloud nine.  But no sooner had I started to tell people it was positive I went to the loo to find very slight brown spotting, it only shows when I wipe.  It went yesterday afternoon then returned again today slightly.  Now I am scared that it is not going to turn out ok etc, is this common? 

I just went through 2ww of hell now I have another 2 weeks until the scan on the 29th June.

Lorns

·
Registered
144 Posts
dear Lorns,
                  Congrats on your result
            Try not to worry (easier said than done!!!)  what you describe is similar to what I have, and have had for past week, from reading other posts on here it sounds very common.  Good luck hun kx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dear Kahew

Thank you for your message, I just want it sooooo much and wish I did not have the spotting as it reminds me of all the other IVF attemps which failed although never had a BFP before!

Are you still spotting? 

Did you feel better after having you scan or are you still worried?

God I hope everything will be ok.

Lorns

·
Registered
337 Posts
hiya girls...

please can i join in......congratulations 2 u all on getting  ^BFP^...i had my blood test 2day and i also got bfp!!! :)...i was due 2 go monday 2oth 4 bloods but i did 4 hpts and got bfp so asked if i could go in early, my reading was 191..is that good? my scan due on the 8th july.

^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
love 2 u all...lisa xxxx :-*

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lisa my level was 151 and they said that was good so yours must have been great!!! WELCOME TO THE THREAD AND CONGRATULATIONS .... ^congrats^

Lorns don't panic. i have this brown gunk stuff everyday and the clinic have told me its fine and just to take things easy...Still feeling a bit like its not real and have been scared to even buy baby books just in case something goes wrong (as it always seems to at the moment) but hopefully once we get our first scan out of the way i'll feel a bit more confident.. I can understand now why people dont announce anything until they're 12 weeks!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TOO... ^congrats^

KAHEW..I'M LUCKY NO SICKNESS YET.. BUT I HAVE A PHOBIA ABOUT SICKNESS SO WILL BE WAILING LIKE A BANSHIE WHEN IT HAPPENS AND EVERY ONE WILL KNOW!!!! ^scared^ ^scared^

Welshy-- i've had backache really bad and hunger.. so have invested in lots of blackberrys and raspberrys to snack on. Congrats to you too ^congrats^

Mandy --CONGRATS  ^congrats^just wait for the symptoms theyll be here soon and then you'll wish you didnt have them!!!

lOTS OF Love to you and all of your tiny bumps
Ju x (and pickle)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ju

Its nice to hear I am not the only one with a bit of spotting, I just can't help but worry.  The more I read the more I feel better about it as it does seam quite common.

Lisa congratulations its hard to believe I am still in shock!  I had written off becoming pregnant as I had frozen embryo transfer and thought the chances are less so it would not happen...How wrong I was thank god.  When do you go for your scan?

Do you have to go to the hospital for your level?  My hospital gave me a test to do myself and all I had to do was call them with the results.  I also went and got another hpt which came out positive...just could not believe the 1st one.

Lorns

·
Registered
337 Posts
hi lorns....

its all exiting now isnt it? and scary  ^scared^. we r gonna be mummys. i slao had some spotting yesterday and a bit 2day, its just when i wipe myself now(tmi) they told me the level after blood test, i go 4 my 6 wk scan on the 8th july.

love lisa xxxx ^pinkted^ ^blueted^ ^pinkted^ ^blueted^ ^pinkted^ ^blueted^

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe we should rename the thread '''knicker checkers'' thats all i seem to be doing lately!!! ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya ladies

Just popping by to say ^congrats^ to u all

I know a few of u from various threads

Kahew fab news honey

Lisa :)

Ju so pleased for u honey how many times did i say that now!!

Mandyw i remember chatting to u when u were in ur first week of the ^2ww^ so pleased about ur ^BFP^

Lots of luck to u all
Emilyxx

·
Registered
337 Posts
hi girls.....

im really scared!! ??? i had a few pains earlier 2 day and just now when i went 2 the loo i had tiny bit of blood when i wiped (tmi) has anyone else had this?? am i been paranoid?? still cant take it in that im pg and scared something will go wrong.

love lisa xxx :-*

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello happy girlies! :)

Can i join you please....

I got a  ^BFP^on monday and still cant believe it, hasnt sunk in yet  i am so happy words cant explain.  ;D Just want my scan to come along now!
My scan is on the 27th il be 6wks, roll on 3 months..

Lisa s, are you ok hun? weve chated on the 2ww. I just read your last mesge.

^congrats^to all the girls with ^BFP^

love juicypipsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CONGRATS JUICYPIPS...WELL DONE ON YOUR BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yOU'RE GOING TO BE A MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

lISA dont worry hun.. i have had bleeding and cramps everyday since my bfp and my clinic have said i'm fine..hope it stops soon..

Ju x
p.s. i have severe backache anyone else have this?? Thing it  may be my growing chest adding extra weight!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi girls,  :)

sicknote how are you hun? we chatted in the chat room on my day 4 of the wait!  ^congrats^hun, how far gone are you?

Lisa s how are you mate? let us know. We are around the same in weeks arnt we? :)

I've got to say my boobs have developed a mind of their own!  :eek: I mean theyre just swollen and heavy and worst at night oh and veiny sorry girls tmi but had to describe the state of my boobies with you!! My dh thinks theyre wonderful! ;D

I find i get quite full up and bloated in the evening even after a small meal does anyone else feel like this? Think i have to keep it quite light especially as its so warm.

Cannot believe! dh has gone to the gym never normally gos without me dragging him along! would like to get back into it gently in a few months, any of you girls thinking about exercsize later on? But for now im going to enjoy taking things easy! :)

lots love juicypipsxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.