Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yes! Am i glad to have found you guys!!I don't know how i have missed this site before!

I have been ttc for 2 and half years.I am 37 and have had all the usual tests...Apart from a few spots of endometriosis, nothing abnormal has been found. I am waiting for IUI which will be at a clinic in Brighton where i live. Apparently it will be 3 cyles without Clomid and then 3 with. IVF after if no success.

First of all i guess i've just found this whole trying to conceive malarky pretty stressful! Burst into tears on way to work last week when i walked past a nursery!! I'm finding it hard to stop worrying about it..which of course is not good. I'm having Accupuncture and thinking about Relexology. Things i probably wouldn't have considered a while back, but now think anything is worth a go!

Something else that is worrying me is that i have been told my BMI is too low and that this may hinder me having the treatment. My consultant told me last chrimbo to "go away and eat all the pies" ....i duly did...full fat milk....snacks between meals...choccy...chips...cakes..you name it. After 2 and half months i had put on ....1 pound. Yep i have a weird metabolism! I have never been able to put on weight...it's really not a choice that i'm skin and bone!! Can anyone  advise me?? I am fully aware that chips/cakes and biscuits are not a healthy way to put on weight but i've tried eating big portions of healthy food to no avail!! (mum and sister both under weight prior to conceiving and brother has been told doesn't have enough body fat!!)

Great to meet you!!!! xx ;)

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Scoobylooby :)

Welcome to FF and well done on posting! It is a bit daunting and emotional when you are about to start out on treatment but when you get going and have something positive to focus on things do get easier.

I'm going to give you some links that will help you out so you can chat with other ladies in similar situations;

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

IUI - CLICK HERE

Clomid ~CLICK HERE

Endo ~ CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while. However, don't get to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) These are great to chat and perhaps meet with local girls/couples and get the low down on local clinics.

With regards to putting on weight, I can't help you, but if you can it will be worth you getting your bmi in a better position to conceive. To be honest though I think this is only a guideline as it would be with ladies who have a higher bmi when trying to conceive. Like you say though your mum and sister have conceived naturally with no problem. Perhaps you could visit your gp who may be able to refer you to a dietician? Failing that go and eat lots of lovely tapas in the Lanes ;D

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^ and hope to see some good news from you soon. Please do keep me posted, if you have any queries, please give me a shout :)

Louj x :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha!! you are NOT going to believe this! I was eating Tapas in the lanes last night!!! Fab place opposite the Mash Tun pub!You must be psychic! Thanks for the tips ....will have a look at all that stuff!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hi scoobylooby

Love the name!  Welcome to FF - you've found an amazing site, lots of lovely ladies on here, with lots of warmth and support.

Oh I think a few of us on here know where you're coming from with the bursting into tears!

Not sure of any advice about trying to gain weight hun, sorry.

Hope all goes well for any future tx

^hugme^ and  x x x

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Wendy...it has made me feel so much better about things finding this site! Already i feel i'm learning so much from reading about other people. You really don't feel so alone with it all.

Thanks for the message and lots of luck to you too!!  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi scoobylooby,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck with your tx  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Scoobylooby  ;D

Ooh spooky about the tapas place  :eek:.  I think we have been there a few times, we used to visit Brighton a fair bit for weekends, before we moved to Devon. Is it a family run, traditional type place?  We loved English's too, the fish restaurant. 

How are you getting on with those links?

Louj x  :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lou,

Found a really well written description of IUI (is it by aussie someone?! I forget!) which i thought was really good. I printed it off and got my husband to read it too. We have been to quite a few clinic appointments where doctors mumble rather vague descriptions of procedures under their breath and expect you to understand! I'm a nurse and i sit there thinking "cripes..i haven't a clue what they're talking about" . So it's good to feel informed before our clinic appointment next month. (Fab stuff! :)
With the endo stuff...well i have been told it's too mild to cause fertility probs...although sometimes my AF's are so painful i have considered hospital for morphine!! God i dread them!

Generally finding the site really useful and a comfort.

Thanks for checking up on me!..Yes you know the tapas place, run by lovely spanish people, bit rough and ready but a good giggle and soo-o cheap!.

Hope all is well in Devon.

Scoobs xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi scoobylooby and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of support and advice and you have been left some great links to try out.

sorry to read of the problems you are having trying for a baby. Having the accupuncture is a great idea and i have read it can really prepare your body for treatment. I just wanted to wish you luck for when you have IUI and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kate!

Well done on your fantastic news...nice to see that you are still keeping an eye on the mothers to be on this site, that's really nice! It's going to make such a difference having these contacts when treatment starts...so glad i found this site!

Take care xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Scoobylooby - i joined this site about 3 and a half years ago i think - might actually be 2 and a half but it has helped me through so much and will help you as well.

Its good to talk with others in the same situtation and also sometimes its hard to talk with friends or family etc who do not understand what you are going through so its great to have this support network.

I have made so many friends on and off line from this site.

Kate xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts