Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,

I have received my letter this morning inviting me and hubby to the information evening at LWH on 18th June. Just wondering if you can give me any indications how long we're likely to wait after then to start treatment??

Thanks,
Jo x

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hiya,

The wait after the info evening is no more than 12 weeks (you have to have started treatment within 12 weeks of the meeting) but is usually much less than that. It is all really dependant on if you have already had the required blood and sperm tests  (within the last 12 months at most) and whether the Hewitt Centre have the results or not - if you need to get them done, then you have to have your bloods done on certain cycle days. Then it is a case of getting your consultants appointment and then waiting till your AF arrives!

We were very lucky in as much as we had already had all our tests done at LWH (gynae dept) 3 months before our info evening and also that as I was on hormone treatment to keep my endo at bay (which is similar to the IVF down reg drugs) so started my down regging 2 weeks after the info evening and that it was a success at the first attempt!

Good luck!

Karen x

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Thanks Jo - and good luck! You are in great hands at the Hewitt Centre. I have been under the care of 2 of the Consultant's there - Mr Gazvani (who is my endo consultant and is LOVELY) and Mr Kingsland who is the head of the centre and is also fab - madder than a box of frogs (in a really great way - extremely funny) but brilliant.

Karen x

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi Jo

Good luck with your treatment.  Wishing you all the luck in the world.  I actually had ET the same day as Karen and we both got a BFP and it was our first attempt too.

Mr Kingsland was my consultant and hes brilliant and very funny!

Karen.... how are you hun? I havnt seen you online for ages?  Iv just noticed your scan pic.  Mine wasnt that clear but we seen it jumping around on the screen waving at us.  Its just a little miracle isnt it?

We had our first midwife appointment yesterday and heard the heartbeat for the first time.  It was lovely!  We got all excited and went to Town shopping for the baby hehe.

IF you are after a baby monitor I got a bargain yesterday in boots.. its the summer one which is in alot of magazines and won alot of awards...  it was 129 in lewis, i walked in boots and it was 80 but reduced to 40!!!!  We bought lots of bits yesterday, i couldnt help it, i was just so excited.

Are you showing yet?  I am massive!!!  But loving it.

Hope you are well hun?  xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hiya BigChicky!! I've been here, just mainly posting on the endo and Bun in the oven boards.

All is cool here ta - showing quite a lot now and have succumed to the elasticated pants! We have bought loads and have even put down a deposit on a pram - Silver Cross 3D.

I bought baby monitors last week - only cheap ones, but a greaty bargain in Lloyds Chemist - on offer from 34.99 to 8.99! Even if they only last a month they are still a bargain!

I am 16 weeks appointment with MW on Wed (even though I will be 17w 2d by then!) and getting triple test results on Fri (fingers crossed!)

Glad all is good with you too!

Karen x

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ohhh its so exciting isnt it.. please let me know how you get on...  Im all excited for you karen...
I should join the bun in the oven site.. where do i find that please hun?

8.99 is a bargain for monitors....  i just cant find a pram i like... having great difficulties. ha ha

im still having problems with my back and leg and having really bad headaches... Dr has told me to wait until i see consultant on 17th when i have my scan.

We opted not to have the tripple tests but im worried we should have now....  do alot of girls opt not to have them?

Hope your keeping well.. its really good to hear from you xxxxx  take care xxxxx

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi All

Such great news that so many ladies have had success first time at the LWH. I start my cycle in August next month and have been very disheartened this weekend reading what appeared to be alot of failure stories, however these were links across the world. I know its a 50/50 chance for us all and we have to bear that in mind, but its so uplifting to feel hopeful again. Like us all I am desperate for a family, been trying for 3 years, found out Sept I have fallopian adhesions, but been VERY lucky as the NHS wait for the Hewitt Centre has been short and sweet. CONGRATULATIONS all you ladies who are pg and BEST OF LUCK all who are on the road for a family. I have ever confidence in the LWH they have been amazing with myself and DH, first class care we are glad to be in their hands.

MrsG2be - (hope spelt that right)!, I understand you attended the info evening on 18/6. I know from my own investigations on the protocol that they like to take your bloods on day 2/3 of your next cycle, which it sounds like it could happen for you, so you could start on your day 23. However, I am of the knowledge that it can take 10 or so days for the bloods to come back and then you need to have an appointment made to see the consultant, which could take you over your day 23 which could therefore mean you would have to start the next cycle. I hope you can start this one as you would like, but having reasearched myself about all this, it may be worth just checking with the unit. We have already had our bloods done, and we are in with the Consultant at the end of July and starting August, wonder if we will be DR'ing the same time?

xxx

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hi Girls,

Sorry to but in but I was just wondering how long the nhs waiting list is once you have been referred??

Thanks

Megan x

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Megan, we were referred mid April now startinf August. have you been refered yet? xx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi Ladies,
I've just hopped back here to see if any newbies had logged on...
Not sure if you're aware but there's a whole lot of us who are at different stages of our treatments (before,during & after) who are attending the Liverpool womens Hospital - We moved to a different thread on Fertility Friends a few months ago...it was getting a bit quiet on this one  ;D
If you go to the Home Page, Click Message Board, Scroll down to Main Area, Click on ICSI General Chit chat for the UK, scroll onto Liverpool Womens Hospital Part 8.
We're all there,  ;D
The thread is an ICSI title but is not just for that topic - we are just a general chat link for IF at LWH - Come over & join us there.
Shirley x

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hi Jen,

We were referred by our GP to a consultant at Ormskirk hospital in May, not sure why weve been referred there first?

Anyway, we had our 1st app with him today and we have to have more bloods, day 3 and 21 of my next cycle and another SA from DH and go back in 10 weeks which takes us to sep. I was kind of hoping we would have been referred today but he said he wants another SA from DH etc before we go ahead. Our problem is male factor, first SA there was 'very few' sperm. So thats all we are up to really, like I said I was hoping he would have referred us today, he said if DH`s 2nd SA comes back the same or similar we will need icsi so just wanted to get on the waiting list really but will have to wait till sep now.

Good luck with your treatment, August is not far away at all!! How are you feeling about everything??

Shirley - Thanks for letting us know about the LWH thread, I do keep a track of you girlies, I read how your all doing all the time but havent plucked up the courage to post yet as I`m not really at the treatment stage and havent been referred to Liverpool yet.

Megan x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts