Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls

All my love and best wishes - good luck to you all.

Mel

x x x

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow! With a positive message like that how can we fail!

·
Registered
476 Posts
thanks mel , great message !!!!!!!!
keeping it +++++++ive

^angel^

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi girls
computer ok again now just wanted to check in again and wish good luck and thanks for your great message Mel -dont seem to get far with the smilies - anybody got any tips? i just seem to get the words instead. am stabbing for 8 days now and feeling ok waiting for 2 wks then the old blood tests/hrt and fet end oct around 23 hopefully. am thinking of some acupuncture to keep me chilled and trying to keep up some yoga - tho usually easier to veg out and watch neighbours! all the best to everyone - everything crossed this time as it may be our last go

sas jane v xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Girls,

Been following your posts and decided to stop by and catch up with you all. ^gossip^

Debbie C - Hope the cold goes away soon and that you feel better.

Jo - How is your head now? ^spin^ Did you call the clinic?

Michelle - Hope your scan went o.k yesterday?

Jo P - Happy anniversary x Glad to hear your cat is doing well now.

Janie - Well done on the follies. I am sure they will grow for their mummy. ^daisy^

Emma - Good luck with the scan tomorrow.

Sas Jane V - Good luck and hope the acupuncture helps out.

Everyone else - hope you are all doing o.k?

I have had a really bad migraine ^spin^ since last night and have had hardly any sleep. ^sleepy^ Went back to bed this afternoon and was nearly sick. ^puke^ Started to go away but can feel it coming back with a vengence.

Lainex

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone

EmmaJoe – Thank god it is not just me. I think I have to admit to giving my dh a very hard time at the moment. Good Luck for Wednesday. Hope you have lots of lovely follies.

Pardoe – Good luck for your dr scan tomorrow.

JanieL – Great news about your blood test results Good luck for your scan tomorrow.

MichelleK – Have you had the results back from your bloodtest yet? I don’t think the needles are any different. There weren’t the last time I had my IVF treatment but treatments do differ I suppose. I am sure it will be fine and no different from dr.

Nats – Hope AF turns up soon. I am waiting for mine too, any day now! My baseline scan is next Tuesday so I am desparate for it to turn up soon.

Jo – Hope the headaches go away soon, it must be horrible for you.

Laine – Hope your migraine goes away. I used to suffer with them and they are no laughing matter. The best thing is to go to bed in a dark room. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Well I am feeling better today. Have been extremely horrible to my poor dh for the last couple of days but going to be nice to him tonight. The dr drugs are sending me a bit crazy!! My cold is also getting better so feeling a bit more positive now. Waiting for AF to turn up now, is due any time. Baseline scan is booked for next Tuesday, so wish it would hurry up.

Sending you all lots of positive thoughts.

Take care

Debbie x.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Everyone

Phoned for my blood test results today at 12 - they were perfect :D so the clinic wanted to start me on the stim drug straight away! It was my first day back at Uni - so I had to disappear and miss my lectures - shame!! to get to the hospital in time.

I did my first stim injection there and then! Am started to get excited now ^chuckle^ and can't believe that things are progressing so quickly! They have booked me in for ec on the 6th of October - if all goes well. This will obviously be my first one so if anyone has any tips etc in how to cope I would be grateful. This is the one thing I am really worried about - strange isn't it I seem to be able to cope with the jabs now but am dreading ^scared^ ec day.

I hope that everyone else is well and that things are progressing postively for everyone else!

Take care all!

Michelle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everyone,

It is good to see that everyone is moving in the right direction and feeling positive.

Thanks to you all for wishing me luck for my follie scan tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on.

Michelle - Good news on your blood test results. I know how you feel about the ec, I am scared too! ^scared^

Laine - Hope you feel better soon. I find a cold flannel over my eyes helps me when I get a migraine.

JanieL - good luck with your scan tomorrow, I will be sending you lots of postive thoughts. ^reiki^

Debbie - good to see you are feeling better. Hopefully af will be an ^angel^ and turn up soon!

Jo - I hope that your headaches have gone and you are feeling better. You poor thing.

Sas Jane V - good luck with the acupuncture, I found it helpful. I also find reflexology very relaxing.

Mel - thanks for your positive message. ^thumbsup^

Sending everybody lots of luck and positive thoughts.

Take care

Em x

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Morning girlies

Hope you are all in good spirits today

Well i've popped in to let you all know my good news

After dancing my feet off ^cool^ af has at last made an appearance so Barts have sent me through a new schedule. I start sniffing now on 12th Oct so i've shifted myself over to the next thread, but of course will still be popping in here to check up on my buddies ^Cuddle^

Loadsa love and luck
catch up with you all later
Jax
xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^Well done Jax all systems go now

^reiki^GOOD LUCK ^reiki^

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone - I hope you don't mind if I join you! I have been reading all of your posts and wish you all luck!!!

I have PCOS and am just beginning my first cycle of IVF. Isn't it amazing how you think you have experienced everything that can possibly go wrong and more happens?? Yesterday I had three big cysts aspirated that were discovered after my first baseline scan. I hadn't been feeling great and when I had the scan I realised why - 4 cysts the smallest 30mm!!! :eek: I have never had them before - but we all thought they may be follicles - but two weeks later they were still there and so yesterday I had them removed!! Oh well - a bit sore today!! ;)

I am back to the clinic tomorrow for my final baseline and hopefully ready to start!!! I am worried with the PCOS that I won't even make it to egg collection - so I may be relying on you all!!! I have now been downregging for exactly one month (suprecur injections) so I am looking forward to getting started!!!

My ec will hopefully be w/c 6th Oct.

Good luck everyone!

Sam ;D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi all
Thought I'd update you all with what's going on with me.

Just got back from my scan and IUI is going to happen tomorrow. We are taking part in a study at our hospital and under it some women will have a double IUI and others the usual one. We have just found out that I am to have two IUI so I will be having the second one on Friday. I don't know whether it will increase our chances...that's why they are doing the study I suppose :D

Welcome Sam, wishing you all the best with the IVF treatment.
Glad you are ready to start Jax, a good boogie always does you good. ^banana^
How did you get on with your scan Em?
Thinking positive thoughts for you Michelle, try not to worry too much about ec...easy for me to say I know! :p
Glad you are feeling better Debbie, hope af turns up, and that you are making it up to your dh ;)
Jane, as for the smilies, you haven't ticked the disable smilies box by mistake when you are writing your reply have you? Other than that I dunno missus...sorry ^confused^
How are you feeling Laine? Better I hope. I've got a headache as I have cut right down on my caffeine intake...never knew how much my morning coffees affected me!
Well hugs and love to all ^Cuddle^
Leni x
P.S. Apologies for the huuuuge post. LOL

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Girls,

Jax - Hooray! Good luck to you hun.

Debbie C - Af dance for you... ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ Glad you are feeling better too.

Leni - Posted you on the IUI buddies. Still I can wish you luck again for tomorrow I 'spose!

Sam - Welcome to FF and the thread. You can always count on us for support, just ask and someone will ^help^. Good luck with your scan tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

Emma & Janie - How did your scans go today? Been thinking of you.

Jo - Really hoping you are o.k? ^Cuddle^

Michelle - Happy stabbing and good luck sweetie.

Jo P, Nats, Caron and everyone else - hi there.

I am feeling much better today. Thanks for your wishes. Been taking it easy. Going to make me and dh a nice ruby murray for our tea with homegrown coriander yummy. ^pig^

Lainex

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all

Sam - Welcome to the Sep/Oct thread - looks like we might have e/c on the same day. Mine is due on the 6th of October too! Hope you are feeling a bit better and not so sore!

Good to hear from you Laine have a great curry tonight and thanks for your positive vibes!

Jax - pleased to hear that AF has arrived - happy sniffing!

EmmaJo - thanks for the message - when are you due for your e/c? perhaps who ever goes first can tell the other what it is like!!!!

Debbie - injections not too bad thanks but I didn't realise that there was so much mixing and stuff to do!

Everyone else - I hope that everyone is doing ok? and feeling positive!

Take Care All

Michelle

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hi all - another newbie wanting to join in please!!

I am due to start sniffing on Sat and am very apprehensive about everything as this is our first attempt at IVF/ICSI. Did anyone experience any dodgy side-effects with the nasal spray?

I am amazed by how many people are going through this experience but I am also inspired by all your positive vibes and encouragement for each other - it is great and I hoping that i can become part of that..

Everyone else seems a bit ahead of me in their cycle - is there anyone else that is just starting? I am due for my baseline appt on 10th Oct and then EC probably w/c 20 Oct- what exactly do they do at the baseline appt? any advice greatly appreciated.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to contributing more in the future

Nicx

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Nic

Glad you joined the Sep/Oct message board!

I can't comment about the nasal spray as I opted for the injections. But having just had my first baseline appointment I can probably give you some insight into that. I had a scan to check that the injections were working - i.e. my cycle had come to a stand still. The girls on this site call it deregging (I think!). I also had a blood test to check that everything had come to a standstill too. I think that the scan ensures that you have no cysts etc and the womb lining is nice and thin i.e everything looking ok and ready for the next stage. My nurse described the deregging part as a kind of mini menopause! I did suffer some hot flushes, some emotional lows and a couple of days of heavy bleeding but apart from that I was ok. Apparantly this is quite normal!

Other girls on this site will probably be able to give you a much better reply to your question as this is my first go too!

Any how good luck with the sniffing! ^spin^

Michelle

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi sam_mcl

Just wanted to say I have PCOS and i had 2 goes at IVF and had a little boy from the 2nd go. I am sure your clinic will keep an eye on you so dont give up it can be done.
GOOD LUCK

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi girls,

Well my scan went very well yesterday. I have 14 follies on one side and 11 on the other. Two of them are already 15mm. They have now stopped my stims as I could now hyperstimulate, which they originially told me would be very unlikely due to the fact that I have endo! I have to go back for another scan tomorrow to see if the other follies are catching up. EC is scheduled for next Tuesday, it is all moving so fast!! If they think that I am going to hyperstimulate they said that they will fertilise the eggs and freeze the best ones and I will have to go back in a month. So it is all systems go.

NicJ - welcome to the site and good luck with your treatment.

Michelle - it looks like I am going to be first!!! I will tell you what it is like hopefully we are worrying about nothing!

Laine - thanks for checking in on us. Good to see you are feeling better, I hope you enjoyed the ruby!

Leni - excellent news on your double whammy! Good luck with them both. ^spin^Let us know how you get on.

Sam - I hope that you are not so sore today. Good luck with the baseline.

Janie - Hope your scan went well.

Debbie - hope you are feeling ok and af is on the way.

Jo, Jo P, Sas Jane V, Caron, Nats, Jax and everyone else hope you are all well and feeling positive.

Apologies for this monster post!

Lots of love to everybody

Em xx

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi everyone!
thanks for your tips re the smilies - i just wasnt posting with the words left on so think ive got it now :) ;) :D
ive just had a terrible headache with the buserilin now gone thank god hope yours is better jo and your migraine better laine
to all the novices - wishing you all the best with your ecs - i always had pethidine and slept throuh most of them(had 6 goes already) and dh had to keep waking me up to tell me how many eggs!! so im sure youll be fine
just waiting for dearest af tom and then blood test etc then hrt and defrosting around 23ish
- bit nervous as this is probably it ??? ??? best of luck for a bfp for everyone this month
sas jane xxxx 8)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi All! ;D

My scan yesterday went fine. I've got 7 ( I wrote that as 87 to start with!!!) follies - one is at 25 which is far too big so that will be over ripe and they won't use that one.

I've got EC tomorrow and then ET hopefully on Monday after they've done the Assisted Hatching.

Thanks for everyone's positive thoughts for me. It is appreciated. I'm hoping my inetrnet will be up and running over the weekend so that I can send some posts and maybe get into the chatroom.

Sas jane - good luck - we're all thinking of you

Em and Carol - we'll be in the 2ww together so good luck until then!

Jax - great af has arrived. now you can start again!

Good luck to everyone!!!

lots of love Janie ^thumbsup^

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.