Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this message but thought this was as good a place as any.  I have been having accupuncture and taking tinctures Sept, Oct and Nov.  When I last had a review  consultation at CARE, Simon Thornton advised me not to take the tinctures just the acupuncture as the herbs are grown in a very polluted area in China and they can do more harm than good to your insides.  Don't know how much truth there is in that but I followed his advice and stopped taking the tinctures.  He did, however, advise that I had the accupuncture if it made me feel relaxed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure about acupuncture, but i was advised by the nurses in CARE not to take any chinese herbs during the 2ww.  I had a bad backache and was using the chinese plaster, but my doctor said the herbs could still be permeable through skin.  I stopped prior to my treatment, so just be on the safe side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had acupuncture and chinese herbs throughout the run up to and during my second cycle ... it failed which was bad enough but what was even worse was that on the day I bled, the chinese herbalist insisted he came to see me, checked my pulses, argued with me that I WAS pregnant and tried to palm another £42 quids worth of herbs on me at the same time!  Thankfully I came to my senses the day after and wrote to complain and got my money back!  Needless to say, I will not be bothering with CH next time ... and will be changing my acupuncturist!!

My clinic didn't comment either way on what I was doing other than to say "Whatever makes you feel better ..... "

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello,

I had a word with my acupuncturist last night at my latest session.

She prescribes Japanese herbs that are regulated and also come via the US so they are checked twice. She had heard of the problem with CH and that is the reason why she doesn't use them. The herbs I have also come as a pill not as herbs that need boiling.

I have a lot of faith in her and have no reason to think that what she tells me isn't correct.

Best regards

Fx

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the advice re herbs & acupuncture. I've just had the BFN from our 2nd DIVF & thinking of trying acupuncture can anyone advise on how to choose a practitioner or know of anyone in Yorkshire?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jih

I'm from Yorkshire .... York and have been told of a really good acupuncture clinic down Micklegate - never used it myself but am thinking of going in the next couple of weeks now that I'm starting to get over our latest failed attempt and starting to think about a FET.

Where abouts are you from?

A

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Look on the British Acupuncture Council website for someone local to you.

Siobhan x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts