Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Well I'm definitely becoming more neurotic by the second with this pregnancy!!

Basically I had a scare at the weekend as I lost (sorry this is the TMI bit!) a plug of mucus about the size of a 50p, then the next day lost some more. I rang the Labour ward and they asked me to come in and be looked at. So in we all went (DD included, with little box of sandwiches to keep her going!). They monitored both babies who were fine, no contractions were picked up and my cervix was closed (thank goodness!) They thought I had a thrush infection and gave me some canesten and since then I've had no more mucus plugs but a big increase in discharge and the feeling I keep wetting myself.The swabs they did showed no infection and the Registrar I saw yesterday at clinic was unconcerned as my scan was fine. I also spoke to the MW who told me if I had an amniotic fluid leak I would be having to change my pad regularly which I'm not. She thought it may just be increased discharge from double the pregnancy hormones, plus one of the babies is breech and playing football with my bladder (little monkey :mad: ) and it coulds be urine. However despite all this reassurance I just can't seem to relax and every time I go to the loo I'm worried about what I might find! ::)
My question is did any of you have this amount of discharge and the feeling that you were wetting yourself?? Is it normal as I really can't remember having this last time round?

Thanks again for all your help - not sure what I do without you all!!! ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Slinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ sorry cant help you but i have had a wet feeling the last few days  ^eyes^ had swabs and all is clear too and my wee wee ones ok  :-[ they think its discharge and the hot weather making me sweat a bit down stairs  :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

Try posting on peer support or the m/w thread honey  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Slinky I had it loads with my ds (singleton), I spent weeks and weeks in the early pregnancy assessement unit thinking I was leaking waters - I wasn't, it was just discharge - I had to wear a pantyliner every day and change it throughout the day.... 

Bev xx

·
Registered
243 Posts
^hugme^ ^hugme^ slinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I so could have written your post last year.  I could actually feel what i thought was leaking water but it just ended up being an increased discharge because of all the extra hormones involved with twins.  By the time i had got used to the feeling and not worrying the twins were here!  It was worse when i moved from sitting down to standing up there was almost a whooosh!  The most important thing is that your cervix is closed and no contractions are coming.  I did not have anything like this when i was expecting my DD either.

It is such a worry being pregnant with twins but so worth it when they arrive.

Hope you feel better soon

Amanda x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you  ^hugme^ thank you ^hugme^ thank you ^hugme^ !!!! It's a relief to hear I'm not alone with this!! Gawd I'll be glad when they're out and screaming the place down, my nerves can't take much more of this!!  ;D

Julia x

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
hiya hon, so sorry to hear they've been giving you a nasty scare.

Glad to hear cervix is closed and all seems to be well. Keep those feet up and rest yourself. get DH to do all the cooking in your shiny new kitchen!

Sal

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks love  ^hugme^ Have to say they were fab with me at Worthing, bless em. You'll have to come over and view the kitchen next week - I'll supply the brownies!! Hope you and your girls are okay? ^hugme^ xx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Slinkyfish, i am having exactly the same problem as you and was absolutely worried sick that something really bad was going to happen and after being reasurred by my midwife that it was only all the extra hormones that come along when your expecting twins, I could finally relax. Its not a nice feeling though is it  :eek:! I think I'll be needing shares in the Always sanitary towel company before long!!

Glad to be of help as it is worrying when your going to be a twin mummy!!!

Take care

Lisa XX  ;)

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow Lisa, they're good estimated weights! Not long to go now for you. Are you all prepared?? Ours are weighing in at 2 1/2 Lb each, which makes me a bit happier as the bigger they are the better they'll hopefully do if they pop their little heads into the world early ( ^pray^ they don't!). I just wish they'd leave my bladder alone and turn around a bit!  :eek: Thanks for your help and thanks to everyone else too!! Good luck to all you pregnant ladies! ^hugme^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts