Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter,

I wonder if you, or maybe someone else maybe able to help. We have just completed our final IUI, and I have read some where that washed sperm doesn't last as long in the body, as 'au natural' sperm, is this true and if so how long does it last?

Also, after our insemination, we were told by our clinic that we could also try insemination ourselves, but I had also read that Progesterone barriers sperm, and as i am cyclogest 2 daily, would this 2nd attempt be in vain?

I hope I am not repeating questions that may have already been asked in the past.

Many thanks

Wendy

·
Registered
856 Posts
wendy said:
Dear Peter,

I wonder if you, or maybe someone else maybe able to help. We have just completed our final IUI, and I have read some where that washed sperm doesn't last as long in the body, as 'au natural' sperm, is this true and if so how long does it last?

Both last 2-4 days

Also, after our insemination, we were told by our clinic that we could also try insemination ourselves, but I had also read that Progesterone barriers sperm, and as i am cyclogest 2 daily, would this 2nd attempt be in vain?

No, it's worth a try. Might even be fun!

Peter

I hope I am not repeating questions that may have already been asked in the past.

Many thanks

Wendy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts