Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!  :)

I'm on day 10 of DR and think  ^idiot^ I have a water infection/cystitis  :-[

I've never had this before and just wondered whether it was a reaction to the Buserelin.  Anyone else had waterworks issues when DRing?

I've been taking Canesten Oasis over the weekend (it cropped up on Friday night - typical) which I feel has improved the symptoms but think maybe I should contact the Fertility Unit tomorrow and see if they think this is usual and then maybe get an appointment with my GP.

I just want to make sure that I get this all sorted as I don't want anything to jeopardise our tx  :-\

Thanks for reading!

Lully x

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Lully,

I cannot answer your question, but did not want to read and run.
I had problems with a Urinary (spell??) trackt infection after EC and ET, but am downregging at the moment (second treatment) and feel quite peculiar 'down below'. So I understand your worry. You want to be sure that everything is ok before and durign treatment. I would go right ahead and phone your GP or get advice from your clinic (or both).
Hope you get help and advice soon.

Anne

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anne

Thanks for responding!  I spoke to the Fertility Nurse this morning and she doesn't seem too convinced that it's anything to do with the DRing, but said it 'could' be, and agreed I should see my GP.

She said it wasn't a problem at the moment but I should get it sorted before we get further into our tx.  Mondays are always terrible at the docs but I have managed to get an appointment for this afternoon, so hopefully I can get it sorted.  ;)

I hope yours doesn't crop up again.  I guess it's no surprise with what we're putting our bodies through  ;D
I did read on the internet that post-menopausal women are more likely to get urinary infections which is why I wondered if it was connected to the DR  ^idiot^

As I tell my DH, some times it's hard to be a woman ...

Good luck with your tx this time.  Hope you get your BFP!

Lully x

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Lully,

good to read that you got some advice and an appointment. I did not know about possible increase inmenopause, but it makes sense, doesn't it?
And good to get the chance to sort it out before you are further into treatment. I really hope I do not get 'struck down' again  ;D . But I agree, it is not too surprising with all the stuff that we have to endure.

All the best of luck to you, too hun!

anne

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Lully77 said:
Hello! :)

I'm on day 10 of DR and think ^idiot^ I have a water infection/cystitis :-[

I've never had this before and just wondered whether it was a reaction to the Buserelin. Anyone else had waterworks issues when DRing?
You won't believe this, but I am on day 8 of DR and have got (surprise, suprise) a water infection :( I am also on Buserelin injections. So I can sympathise with you as it's really uncomfortable - and I'm drinking tons of water so I can't understand why I've got one. Perhaps it is the Buserelin :mad:

Hope yours clears up soon!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi ya Elle  :)

Phew!  So it's not just me then!  ^idiot^  I have now got a course of antibiotics to try and get it cleared up once and for all (fingers crossed).  I've never had a water infection before so it does seem a bit of a coincidence ...  ::)

Hope you start to feel better soon too!

Lully x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Lully and Elle

I hope you both feel better soon.

Love

Emma xx

·
Registered
5,595 Posts