Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My waters broke yesterday morning at 3am, so thats now more than 27 hours ago.  I went to the hospital yesterday, and am booked in to be induced on Fri morning.  However, I really don't want to be induced, and have been trying everything I can think of to start contractions.  Yesterday, I walked loads, bounced on my gym ball at home, ate spicy food (I'm  just about to go to the 24hour tesco for another curry!!)

Any other ideas on how I can get this baby out of there!! 
Thanks ladies  :)
Linda xxx

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Hi Hun,

I did loads of walking and sex  :eek:!

I can't believe there making you wait until Friday?! I didn't think they would because if risk of infection?

On a random note, my waters also broke at 3am and I had my little boy the following morning at 06.28! When I rang the delivery ward they said if my contractions hadn't started by 5pm then they wanted me in, they started 15mins after my waters broke!!!!!!!!  I was also 39wks exactly the day my waters went.........how bizarre

Good luck tho, it won't be long now

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying juju  :)

It sounds like luck was def on your side when you were pg!  I can only hope that things start moving soon...just had a curry  ;) ;D and going to jump around the room on my ball now.  DP thinks I'm a maniac!

On the subject of infection, my hospital says you have up to 72 hours to deliver baby safely, so thats why they are leaving it so long.  I have to call them every day to let them know how I am, and they have given me the protocol for your waters breaking early, which includes signs of infection to look out for.

Lets hope it happens today! xxx

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Yeah but I didn't have a very nice labour, was 27 1/2 hrs long ending in failed ventouse and a forceps delivery :( never mind, he's here now! I did have to stay in hospital because he had to have antibiotics, that was for 48hrs so be prepared for that. As long as you get them in your arms it's so so worth it.

Just looked at your signature. Your sister is an amazing woman  ^hugme^. Do you know what your having?
;D curry at half 8 in morning  ;D good for you  :p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eeeek...sounds difficult, and I'm sure it doesn't always happen the way you imagine.  I certainly didn't imagine all this hanging around!

Curry at 8.30 was difficult...got another one for lunch!  ;D Think I may be all curried out after today!

We're having a boy...a stubborn wee thing I think!  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!  ;D

Had some sleep, and now I'm going to go out walking, and hope things start moving  :)

Take care xxx

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Lol!

Boys are the best  ;)

Take care too. Would love to hear your news when uve had him

xxxxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts