Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

Iestyn now has three meals a day. 

Milk wise, I tend to feed him first thing when he wakes, then again around about 11.30ish, again at about 2.30ish and then he'll have a bit of milk with his tea and then a bottle before bed.

I'm really worried as to whether he really has enough milk - I try desperately to fit in the milk feeds mentioned about, but do find that he messes and very rarely has a good feed on the breast, especially now that he's so nosey and just wants to look around.

At bed time I struggle to get him to take at least 5oz.

I know that all the books and stuff seem to indicate that they should at least have about a pint or 600ml of milk a day - well how do a judge that when I'm b/f and when he doesn't seem to be on the breast very long and he wont take a big bottle at night?

I know I still have milk, because when he messes I often think is it because there's no milk = but no, when I give a little squeeze, I'm not joking it can really squirt out sometimes.

I've been trying to introduce some water as well during the day, especially during this hot weather - now that is definately going to take some perseverance.

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sue, I wouldn't worry. At Iestyn's age, he's no doubt a really efficient breast feeder now, and is probably getting more than enough from you to meet his needs in even such a short space of time. Also, if he's having other calcium rich foods like baby fromage frais, then they'll be making up any deficiency, but there probably isn't any anyway.

I think most babies take a while to get used to drinking water, but then suddenly it just seems to take off, and they start drinking from the beakers by themselves. Just another thing they need to practice and get used to. All part of weaning.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jayne - makes sense!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts