Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
              hope you can help
i started weaning our little boy 2 weeks  ago on baby rice, now it says i can introduce purees of fruit or  vegtables,,my question is do  i add the puree to the baby rice or is the puree on it's own.
thanks
karen

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Karen

I started mixing it with the baby rice 1st and then very quickly started giving it on its own. I stopped giving the baby rice soon after I started as he seemed to be enjoying the other flavours more!!

Hope it all goes well for you

Sara

·
Registered
937 Posts
I gave the purees on their own because my daughter wouldn't touch baby rice and my Health Visitor recommended giving her completely different flavours/textures. My son really enjoyed the swap from baby rice to fruit/veg as well (which is understandable 'cos baby rice reminds me of wallpaper paste!). Their favourites were pureed apple, apricot, carrot or butternut squash (lots of lovely orange stains).

Jules

·
Registered
655 Posts
I often mixed my purees with baby rice because Toby always seemed so hungry!!!

I still sometimes use it to thicken stews / soups.

So I guess be guided by his appetite / tastes!

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Karen

You can do it either way :) Sometimes babies prefer the rice and milk mixed into a stronger tasting veg as it dilutes the flavour a bit. Also, as Vicky says, it's handy for bulking out and thickening foods.

Neither of my boys liked baby rice on it's own, so they were both started off on pear and baby rice mixed together :) One tip though (that I never listened to, but wished I had!) is to start off by giving veg purees before fruit, so the sweet tooth doesn't develop so fast (although it's kinda there already with the milk being sweet). Just start with root veg, which is sweeter tasting, ie. carrot or parsnip instead of brocolli or spinach!

There's a few good links to weaning in the babydust section. I'll go and grab them for you in a sec and add them to the bottom of this post, so you can have a read :)

I loved the first weaning stage - so much fun :) Enjoy! :)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22068.0

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22068.0

Jayne x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts