Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to wear heels when pregnant?  Or can this can harm?

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Hi Beachgirl,

They do recommend flats but I don't know why to be honest? Perhaps because your centre of gravity shifts and you're more likely to overbalance ??? Heels also tend to put strain on your calves and lower back so might cause problems if you are prone to this during pregnancy. Someone else may know the proper reason better then me.

All I know is that I wore my heeled boots all winter and early spring and was fine with them. I had no option really as trying to get short mat trousers for work with legs my length was a nightmare and I had to wear heels to stop dragging my trousers on the ground  ;D ;D ;D I'm in flats now but only because my ankles are size of an elephants and I cant get my boots/shoes to fit  :mad:

Personally I've just worn what's been comfortable and fits!

Maz x

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maz- I normally wear fairly high heels so was going to swap them for wedges, as long as it's not raining and then flats when not at work.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Its because your centre of gravity moves, and also as bump gets larger your spine bends more - something which you don't want to exagerate (its painful trust me I found out!!)

You'll know if flats or heels are right for you. I ended up in crocs for the last few weeks as I couldn't even see my feet to put shoes on ;D ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts