Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondering if anybody had any good web links for finding out what rate I should be gaining weight throughout the pregnancy.

I am now 24+1 weeks and have put on 13lb. I think I am probably okay but it would be good just to confirm that!

Thanks,
Annette x

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ajo sounds good to me I would say so long as you and baby are fine dont worry about the weight. Well done and good luck

whippet x

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
well im just under 20wks with twins and only have put on half a stone :-\ worried this isnt enough at this stage but wondering if i may have lost weight in the beginning of my pregnancy ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Try not to worry though I know it's easier said than done. Throughout pregnancy your babies will take what they need and if there's any lack of nutrients it'll be you that suffers not them!

Chux xx

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi ya im 31 weeks and only put on half a stone carrying no water all baby my midwife says it is good not to put to much on and baby is measuring normal. But who cares how much we put on we are having babies yippee!!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
im 30wks and im just under 2 1/2 st..............im massive but hey hooo im preggie x

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm nearly 29 weeks and have put on 9 kgs so far not sure if it's bad or not  :-\  Oh well I'm pregnant for now and will have to worry about it later!!  ::)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've lost a stone so far, I just don't want any food and when I do eat a small amount fills me up. The doctor says that it's fine, as I was on the large side to start off with and she seems happy enough whenever she measures my belly....

I wanted cravings as well, but haven't had any so far!

Weezy

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies and obviously everyone is really different so I will try to stop worrying!

Annette x :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
+14kg, week 34. But I did lose 20kg before this tx, so am hoping I can do it again. No will power against chocs, etc right now :)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hi
I put on 2stone 10lb, a lot of that in 3rd tri.  I had a very big baby 9lb11  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:, After delivery I lost 1st 10lb and only have gained a stone in total through pg rest was baby and placenta etc(enough to lose but hoping BF will help!), I am normally a size 12-14, def a 14 :eek: at the mo!

evryone is different, I was so hungry through my preg (have given birth to a very hungry boy too!)

strawbs xx

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm 33 weeks and have put on around 2.5 stone. Think its alot but baby is ok so thats all I'm thinking about. Will lose the weight afterwards. 
Tracy xxx

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I would TRY  not to worry while u are pg, enjoy what your body is telling u to eat  :), I gained really slowly in 1st and 2nd tri's and loads in 3rd tri.  With my dd I gained 3 1/2 stone and nearly 4stone with ds.  I am normally a 10-12 and went back to normal within 4 months of having dd and curently have 2 stone to shed so hoping can get rid of it the same (here's hoping)

Good luck  x

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi - I've gained 1 stone so far - I'm 20wks +3days, and to be honest, I'm starting to worry a little.  I've literally put on a half stone in the last 4 weeks - the first half stone I put on over the previous 16 weeks, which seemed more normal?
I'm being pretty good with my diet (so I thought), and not eating lots of rubbish, but no matter how good I am, each week, for the last month, I've gained almost 2 pounds.  It wouldn't concern me as much if I knew this was a 'growth spurt', but the thought that this might be something that continues throughout the next 20 weeks (another 40lbs?!), is a little daunting! 

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
DJCJ said:
Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Yup...........stop weighing yourself. ;D ;D

Seriously, if you are concerned then just make sure you have a sensible diet and that any snacks are healthy snacks rather than junk, but other than that there's not a great deal you can do and you certainly don't want to be dieting at this time.

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi,

Onky 15 weeks so a bit early I guess, but not gained a jot! Not got a great deal of appetite though tnh.

Karen x

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi All, just to clarify......my query regarding 'any thoughts or similar experiences', stems from the fact that this is my first baby, so its all new to me and the only thing I was wondering, was had anyone else experienced something similar with their weight gain or had heard of weight gain 'spurts' such as I seem to be experiencing? 

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts