Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

To anyone who can help i would apprciate it greatly, i know a lot of people have been talking about this and it seems to be helping so i thought DH could give it a try and just looking back at previous posts people are also saying that Zinc, vit c, flax seed oil and ginseng help too, is it ok to take these on top of the wellman tablets or would it be too much?

What sort of doses are recommended if it is ok to take?

Many thanks

Bekie

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hiya Bekie

My other half took just the Wellman and we had much better quality embryos this time (who knows if it was the Wellman or not).

I think they supply all the daily recommended amounts of Zinc etc.  I have some left if you'd like me to send them to you, as they are well expensive and Steve stopped taking them as soon as I'd had EC/ET.

First cycle I had 2 embryos grade 1 and 2 - none to freeze.  Count was 8million I think.
Second cycle 2 grade 1's transferred (now 8 weeks pregnant), 3 good grades frozen and his count was 15million.

We'll never know, but I say it's worth a try!

Kim
xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Bekie, yes that sounds about right - my dh takes a multivitamin and extra zinc (up to 50mg extra) (make sure it is a zinc conjugate e.g. zinc gluconate as it gets absorbed beter). Extra selenium is a good idea if the wellman tabs don't include? Vit C is always good and doesn't hang around in the body so it may be worth taking the wellman tabs in the morning and the extra vit C in the afternoon/evening to keep levels sort of constant (by the way Ester C is a more effective form of vit C as it gets absorbed better). Vit C is a strong anti-oxidant and can help those spermies be in tip top condition. Omega 3 (in flaxseed oil) is meant to be good for the spermies as well so worth adding that in either as flaxseed or as fish oils. Not sure about ginseng but probably can't hurt? Hope this helps a bit. Sarax

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much, it really helps, i'm so new at all of this, i could end up giving him anything  ;D

Kim that would be wondeful if you could, shall i pm you my address? and what would you like for them?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hiya

PM me your address - but I don't want anything for them......they are only sat in the kitchen drawer.

There is not a full pack, but at least you can give them a go before buying a new pack - see how he gets on with them.

Kim
xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.