Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had EC today and waiting to hear how many eggs fertilized (got 5 but will get the call tomorrow).  I'm thinking that if only two are doing well in the next three days then I'd just like to have both put back in rather than waiting for blast...

Wondering what everyones thoughts are on putting two back versus one?  I always assume two gives you a better chance of one sticking, but not 100% sure?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey pet

we werent given the option of how many was bein put back,we just assumed it would be 1 however on day of ET they put 2 back and thank god they did cos we got 1 wee bean on board now..

i would def say 2 cos although there is a chance of twins there is also same chance that only one will stick

good luck pet

Jenna xx

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I would go for 2 as well. (although tbh quality plays a part too. our first isci we had one 'average' embie and one slightly rubbish embie and they put them both back because in their words 'we may as well'  ::) . we got bfn. our 2nd icsi we only had one embie to put back but it was top quality. we got bfp  :) )

would deffo go for 2 to increase your chances of success, just bear in mind you may get more than you bargained for!

good luck! xxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jenna and Kandykane,

Thank you so much for replying.  Great to hear your thoughts, and about your BFPs!!  Congrats to both of you!  :)

I love hearing when ICSI is successful so great to hear and gives hope!!

I will go for two (if possible)

x

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
We got 5 eggs, 3 fertilised but no 3 not great (and not good enough to be a frostie).  We decided to have the two good grades put back to increase chances and am pleased to say that both hung in there  :)

Good luck hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi,

I had two embies put back and now have a son.  What I didn't realise though, that 2 embies can become triplets in rare cases! Eeeekkk!

There are lots of positives and negatives on having two put back, but go with whatever you feel comfortable with.

x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly got the call today that only one egg fertilised which they will put back in on Saturday.  Upset to only get one after all those weeks (and money) of injections, but trying to think positively.  It really helps to hear of everyone's successes here! 

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I have to say TWO is the only way.. I can say that aftr having to have Selective Embryo Transfer in my last ICSI which turned out negative! I am convinced if I'd of had two put back in one would of stuck with me.

My Next cycle starts end of June/July and I will have two regardless.

Good Luck x

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
My Cons said it only takes one!! Sorry they didn't do so well but the one's that stay are the best x

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
don't get too upset honey (easier said than done i know) i remember how despondent i felt when they told us we only had one fertilised embie  ^hugme^  but we went on to get a bfp - it only takes one! every single person on this earth exists because of one fertilised embie  ^reiki^
xxxx

·
Registered
331 Posts
If I were allowed to put 6 back in, then I would...  every extra embie is an extra chance!  :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am new to this and currently undergoing 1st icsi cycle. If you cycle lasts as long as your frozen embryos do isnt it better to have one at once?
My consultant put one back yesterday but if that doesnt work shall i have 2 in next time?  ( i have 4 in total ) xx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
i had a fresh transfer cos mine were not suitable to freeze so cant help ya with that pet but i no our clinic said 2 was better cos it gives a better chance and it doesnt always end up with twins like in my case.

i would advise 2 cos in my case 1 stayed with me but u will always get a mixed opinion on this..

good luck pet

Jenna xx

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi

I had an EC yesterday, 11 follicles and called up today to find out 5 have fertilised ..  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
I am booked in tomrow and have requested for 2 embroys to be transferred and she said well you will have to speak to the Dr 2mrw .. i HAVE READ UP ON IT SO MUCH but still hate the negativity straight away when i mention taht want two .. same reason as yours plus gona hit 35 in july  ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^reiki^^

Really need positive support :O)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
At the end of the day, they're your embies and it should be up to you, stand your ground if that's what you want  ^reiki^  ^hugme^

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was told by the Doctor that they will transfer two if the option is there, only when I signed my consents did the nurse mention that they might only do one.

I would prefer the two option also, I am fully prepped if it ends in twins and if I am honest I want it to end that way. I am an only child with no real close family to speak of, I already fear losing my parents and now worry what will happen to my children (even though they are not even hear yet!!) if I pass on.

Shelby xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Letter through the post last night to say my remaining three embryos werent suitable from freezing, so everything is now reliant on this one. Absolutely heartbroken and the stress and devastation Im feeling is unbelievable.
I really wish I had insisted two were put back, I was just never informed at any stage if they didnt meet their expectations they wouldnt freeze. Feel really angry and hurt

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
victoriac11

dont stress urself out pet..

remember it only takes 1 wee embie so try to stay positive..

lots of luck

Jenna xx

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
victoria - like jenna says it only takes one! try to calm yourself cause getting het up won't do you or your little embie any good  ^hugme^  and they put the best one back remember  ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thankyou ladies, i know im reacting badly & it wont help my little one thats in there.
I will let you know how i go on a week on friday.

I really appreciate your kind words, thankyou xxx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts