Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it would be nice to have a thread where everyone could put down their baby name thoughts to give each other some idears of names we maybe haven't thought of :)

I'll start~ GIRL BOY

Neime (neve) Charlie
Emilia Issac
Emily

Thats all i have so far ::)

Sam xxx

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ooh I really need help with boys names so this is a good post for me!!

Girls we have:

Ivy
Florence
Alice

Boys

Oscar
Noah (DH doesn't like this one though)

Vickey

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Nice idea. :)

These are on our short list - some might think they're quite dull but we're pretty traditional at heart and have lots of personal reasons for liking them. :)

GIRL
Elizabeth (after my Grandma, plus it's my middle name, means God's promise)
Rose (my Mam's middle name and DH's Mum's name, means the flower!)
Ruby (my birth stone, meaning red gem stone!)
Lily (flower name, plus symbol of beauty, innocence and purity)
Belle (means beautiful)

BOY
John (but called Jack, like my Grandaddy always was, DH's dad is called John, means God is gracious)
William (my Dad's middle name, means protector, determined)
Samuel (name is strong in DH's family, means answer to prayers)
Noah (name pops up in DH's family tree, means peaceful, long-lived, comforter)

·
Registered
416 Posts
We are just getting over a mental block and strted on names, so this will be helpful!

Ours have to work in Scandinavian and English:

Girls:
Amelia
Amelie
Freja
Maja
Elenor

Boys: (first name will be Jan, my husband's family name, but baby would go by middle name)
Isaac
Alexander
Felix
Oliver

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I do love a baby name chattett

my girls are called

Florence Kitty Rose
Mabel Ella May

mabel was not ever on a list of ours but she just came out a Mabel we named her when she was 4 min old she was going to be a Dasiy or an Ella , Florence was always a Florence , Kitty after one of her god mothers, and the may comes from the month  had my TX.

Boys names were going to be Stan , Sid , Ned, but lucky for them we had 2 girls ;D ;D

My step son is called Jacob-Jude

I also wanted 2 names that were not on the times top 100 for 2007  Florence and Mabel are not on them

good luck  and have fun

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Oooh, what a great thread.

I already have a DD - Hannah Rose

currently we like

Girls

Ruby
Amelia
Gracie
Lydia
Matilda

Boys

Joshua
Jonny
Alex

We've got our anomally scan next week and are hoping to find out what we're having so we can at least narrow it down to one sex!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I know I am not pg at the mo but I have a few in mind

Girls

Tula
Avril
May

boys

Alfie
Stanley (not me dh) ;D

Oh and my dd's are call Emille and Izzy :-*

Rxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
We're probably going to call ours George and Grace :)

But I also like:

Georgina
Amelia
Molly

Harrison
Max
James

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
For girl

Thea
Olivia
Isabella

For Boy

Theo
Harris

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
we've deicded not to revael ours would have been Luke for a boy but loving all the above names

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Were going for Luca and Olivia  :-*

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I love Mabel but we already have an 'M' so it's ruled out. :( Also scrubbed off is Oliver - I love it but nephew has it as a middle name.

This is a great site for ideas, not only of names to use but also those that are really popular if you don't want your LO to be one of several with the same name in the same class at school!! http://www.statistics.gov.uk/specials/babiesnames_girls.asp

Chux xx

/links

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Maisie and Alfie for me  :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I wouldn't give two hoots about a "celeb" using a name - unless it is something ludicrous like Princess Tiiami - if you love it use it I say. I also wouldn't angst too much about the top 100 - there are some names that are not on that list which I like (eg Mabel) that I know at least 3 of my daughter's age in our area. I also dont worry about being the same as someone else in the class - there were 3 people with my real name in my class at school but we were all actually known as different things as it has a lot of acceptable shortenings - ok thats a bit different if you are called something non traditional. There is a great chapter in Freakonomics about names which is worth reading even though it is about American names - http://freakonomicsbook.com/thebook/ch6.html

betty

/links

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Took us ages to agree on a name for girl or boy so just hoping it suits them when they show up ;D Can't say as no one knows yet but both names have been mentioned on the list so far (as have most of the back up names).

Interesting to see where the top 100 names for England and Wales differ quite dramatically from the Scottish list http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files1/stats/pop-names-07-t1.pdf . High up names in England aren't that popular up here (which means that some of our back up shortlist are in the English top 10 ::) )

Will let you all know the name once bubs makes an appearance, which had better be soon ^bigbad^

Maz x

/links

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hiya!

We decided ages ago - before we knew how hard it was going to be to get pregnant at all!

Girl
Hannah Louise

Boy
Joseph Matthew

Karen x

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maz~ Interesting that the england/scotland list differs so much.... will take a good look at the scottish list and see if theres anything on there that takes my fancy  ;)

Sam xxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
looking at the Scottish list niether Isabel or the name we have in mind for DD2 is there in the top 50 but in England they are and there is 3 different spellings of Isabel in the top 50 with ours being the lowest but I know of 3 children at work spelt the same way- all younger than my Isabel.

·
Registered
868 Posts
We had terrible trouble with baby names as I'm a teacher! We decided on Francis Charles - both family names of a sort. If he'd been a girl he would have Daisy Frances! Thank goodness he was a boy coz I have a child in my class called Daisy, and she's a bit dopey!  :(  Very sweet but just a bit dozy! Plus one of my best friends, also a teacher, had Daisy at the top of her girls list!  If I'm lucky enough to have a miracle BFP and a girl then the next one will be Poppy.  :)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts