Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm expecting twins and will have to sell my lovely wee mini!  We have ordered the Jane Twin Two tandem and I was wondering what car to buy so that it will fit it the boot.  I'm not very confident with really big cars and hoped in might fit in a golf or mercedes A class?  Advise would be so appreciated.  DH thinks I should get a renault scenic but that seems scary big to me after driving a mini!!

Thanks

JO x

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hello!

I can help! It doesn't fit the A Class or the Golf Plus (we took a twin two with us round the car dealers!) but it does fit in a Merc B Class (which we bought!).

Hope this helps, good luck,

Liz
x

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
A bigger car isn't really that much harder to drive sweetie.

I had a corsa and used to drive DH's MX5 and now I drive a Kia Rio Estate!! Plus, you feel a bit less vulnerable on the road!!  ;D

Why not take a bigger car out for a test drive before you start panicking about the boot size?? You don't know, you may enjoy a bigger car!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi

Sorry to butt in!!!

We don't have twins but must say that we went from a Fiesta to a Freelander and it's amazing how quick you do get used to a bigger car when you move from a littler one

Good luck with your search and great news about you all expecting/having twins

Keri xx

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm in the same boat with our Twin TWo.  It doesn't fit our Mercedes...  :'(

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi,

I have the Jane Twin Two and it fits in my Golf but you do have to take the back wheels off.  I know that it fits into a Honda CRV with plenty of room to spare.

To be honest I don't use the Jane if I'm going out in the car - I take my other buggy (Maclaren).

Sharon xx 

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Jo,

I don't know what boots the buggy will fit into, but i've gone from a Peugeot 206 to a renault scenic grand (7 seater one) and i love it!

It didn't take me long to get used to parking it (had it 2 weeks and have been to shopping centres, small car parks etc) and it doesn't feel huge inside.  I'm only 19 weeks but we wanted to get it so i can get used to it before having 2 screaming babies in the back!

It's well worth a test drive!

Good luck with your search!

Jennyx

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi
Like you I have a mini which i love and so refuse to sell it will come in handy when i go back to work 2 days a week. But when with the bubs I use my Hubby's Bmw X5 the Jane powertwin fits in without taking the wheels off I can also get shopping in alongside it it takes a while to get used to driving a bigger car but you know the babies are much safer in a large car.
Annette

·
Registered
377 Posts
we have just orderd the grand scenic which i am sooooo looking forward to getting. we have a volvo which is a big car but very low and my back is suffering big time. we have the twin two and its fits easily in to the scneic and the volvo.

G

·
A friend has this pram and has a Volvo XC90.  The one thing she has found is that it is quite awkward to fit the carry cots into the back seat of a car due to the way they're done.  She is quite petite so you may not have the same problem.
Other than that, people carriers / X3 etc are good due to the seating position being higher up.  It's much easier on your back to lift them straight up rather than bending down inside the car and the visibility from a driver's perspective is excellent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts