Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

Just wanted some information and experiences with clinic's. I am currently with Care fertility Tamworth and have been waiting for a donor egg to match. I have been on the list now 14 months and had no offers. Is this timescale normal??

I'm getting really frustrated as I am open to characteristics but only require 1 request and still no joy they are finding it hard to match as waiting on donor to come forward.

Me and DH feel like giving up and it's just not meant to be... It took me a while to get my head around having  DE and now feel like after all this time maybe I haven't made the right choice.

I'm based in the Midlands so any advise would be appreciated

:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi, are you having an NHS cycle or funding this yourself? If funding yourself have you thought about a clinic abroad? We did DE in Spain where there was no waiting list, I think most of the clinics abroad have no waiting list so you should hopefully be able to find one that works for you. The international boards on here are really useful to find out more about specific clinics.

We were eligible for an NHS cycle but couldn’t take the waiting!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi, like Love Lucy said, I would definitely consider a European clinic if you are in a position to do that and don't mind having an anonymous donor. It is much easier to be matched with a donor and you could start treatment within a matter of a couple of months probably. I am at a clinic in Spain, Vistahermosa in Alicante, which I highly rate. However there are lots of good clinics to choose from that offer donor egg quite readily and different countries seem to vary in price. If you explore the boards for different countries you should get a feel for that. Good luck. X

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi - yes that is a very long time indeed  - i moved to a different clinic recently for DD as they did not have a wait list ( in Bristol )  - I wonder if you can find other clinics in your area through the DCN ( donor conception network) they are v helpful  - or the regional section of this forum - just a thought ? x

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ladiea for you replies.

We are funding it ourselves and was looking at IB in Alicante but due to the stress of waiting with the UK and hubby just gone self employed he has decided he doesnt want to go aboard which is what I wanted all along.

Thanks again anyway ladies x

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I'd have said self fu funding then even more reason to go abroad looking at somewhere like Czech Republic where you would get 2 cycles for similar price to one in the UK.
TCCx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi jeb
We are with nurture Nottingham (as we didn't want to go abroad for egg donation) and have been matched with two donors in that time. First donor round unsuccessful, 13 weeks pregnant with second donor. The donor egg coordinator was very helpful and I would say we were sent maybe 8 or 9 suggested donors over that time, it might take a while to match if you are looking for something specific but we weren't very fussy! My only real criteria was a young donor, but ended up picking one who was right at the top of the age range for the second go after being told of her previous successes, and that was the one which stuck! Couldn't recommend nurture enough, they were our third clinic in the Midlands and easily the most professional. Best of luck whatever you decide to do!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi
I have a three year old from donor egg treatment at IB in Alicante. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough x

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi
I have a one year old from de at vistahermosa in Alicante I really recommend them.
I think with de abroad you are guaranteed younger donors as opposed to at home where most donors tend to be egg sharing to fund their own treatment. The fact that donors can remain anonymous means there are more people willing to donate.
Whatever you decide I wish you lots of good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Ladies
As you ate aware I have been waiting for over 15 months now for a match on DE. I have been contacted with an offer but its been that long amd I have had to have private counciling to get over the wait and that it may never happen. I am confused on what to do shall I take the offer after I have just started to get my head around that it may just be me dh and dd or go for the DE where I feel that I'm unsure again about DE

Help im so confused??? 😭😭😭😭

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Jeb
We were on the waiting list at a UK clinic and we had to have implications counselling with them, I assumed it was required by all UK clinics.It was very useful I found. In the end we went to Spain because the donors were younger. I’d contact the clinic and ask them for counselling, they’ll be very experienced in DE IVF I would think.
It’s a personal decision but I have a three year old and I never regret using DE for one second. I had been pregnant with my own eggs before getting pregnant with my son and I felt exactly the same, from the moment the embryo was transferred it was totally mine.
I’m in the Midlands too and I’ve heard good things about the Tamworth clinic.
Good luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi there, I am so sorry you have been waiting so long. Did you come to a decision about your donor? I was waiting quite a while for mine, not as long as you though, and it felt really odd when I finally got offered one. You've got to give it a good think and discussion with your patner, it's natural to feel all the wobbles.
I think there are definitely options in the UK. I am looking at Manchester for if I have no joy with my final FET's. Two friends used them, didn't wait super long for donors, both had successful pregnancys. They also have a multi cycle donor package and their own egg bank. Might be worth a look.

All the best

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m going back 9 years but we ended up in Czech Republic - Brno. We found the service far superior to here and donors were younger - we decided we wanted younger donor to reduce risk. It was anonymous donor though. In U.K we had iui and it was squirt and good luck. Czech Rep checked for thickest lining area and used ultrasound to direct embryo there - and we watched our ‘bubbles’ float up into my womb - my twin boys are 9 in Feb. Good luck xx

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
We have twin boys (22m) thanks to Newlife clinic in greece would recommend them they were fab.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We used New Life Egg Donation Agency in London.
Our friend also used them recently and they have no waiting list for donors, she is 12 weeks pregnant now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts