Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just after a bit of advice from the experienced  ;D

R iis not 2 until end of july but is aware of poohs and now tells me when he needs one before he does it however he now (sfter poohing in it a few times) refuses to sit on potty or loo for more than a minute and pretends to push and wipe but actually holds it in then does it on floor somewhere after (if left naked) or in his clean nappy soon as it is on. he seems totally unaware of wees therefore its not like we are aiming to be trained yet but I am just worried if I dont act on him telling me pooh pooh before he does it, its like I am saying ok well done for telling me but now do it in your nappy. Surley this will just engrain into him that you do it in your nappy rather than encourage the message that you can do it in toilet as he will need to at some point! On the other hand if I act on it it by whipping his nappy off and getting him on potty/toilet it tends to now end in disaster with pooh everywhere but in the potty/loo even though I know he knows he is doing it. I'm happy to leave it a while but dont want to miss the boat and give him wrong messages?

He now says mama pooh pooh, so I say do you need a pooh and he says yes, i then say lets sit on potty/toilet depending how I feel on the day lol and he says no no no so i say do u need a pooh?.... no no no then 2 mins later he does it in his nappy. He has poohed on potty and toilet but not for ages now even with sticker rewards etc.

cheers
dilly

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Hiya
I would probably say give it another couple of months, encourage him to tell you when he wants a poo or a wee, be excited about him telling you - but if he isnt keen on the potty/able to 'perform' then it might be better til he is a bit happier to use it...

The other option could be that you take him out to buy his own potty - Daisy wouldnt go near the toilet or Lily's old potty, so I took her on a special shopping trip and let her buy one she chose, then I wrote her name all over it, she was so excited she wanted to use it & we were much more successful.

Dont worry too much about missing an opportunity - leaving it later tends to make it an easier process as they can understand whats going on & you end up with less mess to clear up  ::)

Good luck  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CHEERS HUN
Last night he said he wanted pooh pooh so I asked if he wanted to go toilet to which he did so we went and I read to him on toilet and he had a massive pooh which we celebrated flushed bye bye, gave sticker and chocolate. When I walked in from work today he said pooh pooh so I offered toilet which we did but he didnt do anything (kinda knew he didnt really want one) although he enjoyed the book and chat lol. then this eve he did one in his nappy without mentioning it and I think he snuck off to the hallway so I didnt see lol.

oh well just riding with it for now but seems he prefers toilet rather than potty but if we need to may take him to get a nicer/comfy pot
dilly

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
If you can get success from the toilet I would be ecstatic  - well done  ^hugme^
Getting Daisy to use a toilet after months of the potty have been a nightmare, however I blame DH as he left her fall into a loo whilst he was on guard  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^  she has been terrified of them ever since ::)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^bigbad^  dh lol
No poohs today here fiull stop  ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts