Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered when others class LO as having a temp.  I've always gone by what we use at work anything over 38 is a temp and to give paracetamol but was watching Street Dr last night for some reason and they said that a toddler had a temp when it was 37.5.  Isabel was over 37 the other day and now feel like a bad mum,  she had paracetamol as full of cold but got me thinking about temp

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi Clare,

I'm with you hun, I go with anything over 38c. I always thought 37.5 is the higher end of normal but I wouldn't be worrying about it until over 38 and then the calpol comes out.

S xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
If it was under 38 but she was obviously feeling poorly/grumbly the i would give her calpol, but if not i would probably wait until 38 if not.

Having said that i usually go by the back of my hand as i can't get her to sit still for long enough to take her temp - and i haven't got a tympanic thermometer!!

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Claire I saw that & said the same thing to DH. I've always thought 38+ was a high temp but the Dr said 37.5 was a fever??? Ah well I usually go by how N is behaving & only take a temp if the Calpol doesn't seem to be helping or if he seems very warm

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isabel doesn't mind the themomter, we had one of the ones you rub on forehead will we found it was a degree at least low!  now have an ear one and she is Ok as long as let her take yours after

·
Registered
413 Posts
My stepmum told me to check LO's temperature when he was perfectly well. I did that a couple of times and it was always the same. Anything over that now, and I know he has a fever

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Of course it depends on what kind of measuring you are doing (where you take the measurement).  I had a digital ear thermometer, but it gave such different answers that I never trusted it.  I now use a boots digital one (for a about a quarter of the price) and use it underarm.

When Marcus is well he will have a temp of less than 36 from underarm.

This weekend he had 38.7 underarm  :-\

1 - 7 of 7 Posts