Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...what games do you play, when do they nap, do you entertain them all the time, how long do you leave them to play on their own, do you do any activities/baby groups/classes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
576 Posts
mine is nearly 9 months now, but things are trhe same now as they were when she was 7 months - hope this helps ...

wake up 630, breastfeed, plays on activity station while i get breakfast sorted, has breakfast, has another bfeed then sleeps 9 til 1030, usually go out in morning - massage, sensory class, swimming, library for sing song, sing and sign class, shopping, lunch at 12, bfeed then sleep 1245 - 1400 then go out walking the dogs, get back, bfeed, play on mat with toys, have a dance together, watch sing and sign dvd, make lots of noise bashing toys etc. tea at 430 - 5, daddy comes home at 515 - he has her to play with, while I sort things out, bath at 630, massage 645, bfeed at 7 til bed at 730, phew knackered !
i get the jobs done when she sleeps, if I have alot to do - laundry, housework etc. I usually put her in the pouch - used to be baby borjn, now mothercare 3 way carrier, i can put her on the back so i can potter round with her, she loves it and I dont feel bad that i have left her to amuse herself for a long time.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Janine, it's nice to know what other Mom's do as I don't have any groups or anything like that so feel a bit isolated and worry that she is not getting enough stimulation-it's very tiring being with her 24/7.

Wow, your routine sounds so good....I'm lucky if mine naps for more than half an hour in the day and then the nights are a nightmare too!

·
Registered
576 Posts
gosh that must be really difficult not having groups to go to, they have been a real life line for me, i went to the breastfeeding club when littleun was 2 weeks old, then started attending the postnatal group at 6 weeks, baby massage started at 8 weeks, and its been full on from there. If I have a free couple of hours we go out walking, pretty much whatever the weather - I would find it really hard entertaining her myself all day, every day.
Are there any mum and baby groups in your area ?
best of lucks with the tricky nights xxxxx

·
Registered
413 Posts
Bubblegum, I didn't do the groups until LO was about 8 months. I could tell that he wanted to be with other children then, and so I found 1 o'clock clubs at nurseries to take him to. He loves it!
They're not open in the Summer time though, so now we're back to just the two of us.

At 7 months I used to play with him (show him toys, lay down on the floor with him being silly), sing to him A LOT and talk constantly. He has always LOVED being outside though, so I would make sure always to take him out whatever the weather. He loves sitting in his pram and watch the world go by. I have a pram that faces me and have always talked to him in the pram and pointed out lorrys, buses and tractors etc.

Wow Janine, you have a really good routine going. I never got a routine sorted at all. LO never sleeps or eats at the same time from day to day...

Troll
x

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
We have taken to going shopping nearly every day - Morrisons just down the road - as entertainment for DD.  It gets me walking, there's nearly always someone in the store who coos over DD (and doesn't she just love it!) and also as we are shopping little and often, I think we waste less food and so may be saving money, even. 

We haven't done much in the way of groups yet, not least because everything shuts down for the summer (why?? We're not all tied into school terms..) but a group of us have been meeting for picnics every now and then, when the weather permits.

The rest of the time it's the usual toys/telly/singing etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts