Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls

Well, after picking myself up after the pullava with my gynae I have today been dealt another blow.

My GP's secretary rang me today to clarify something I said at my last appointment.  We were chatting about how I was on the IUI waiting list and that I should be put on the IVF waiting list now in case the Clomid doesnt work.  Anyway, I get a call today telling me that there is NO IUI waiting list, in fact, my PCT dont even offer IUI  ^idiot^  My GP very annoyed about the confusion as she knows how difficult this is.  I was told at my consultation in March 2004 that due to my age I was being added to the IUI list but after checking with my gynae's secretary (who didnt even know what IUI was  ::) ) it turns out that no such list exists.

Thankfully my GPs secretary finally managed to get hold of the funding criteria for IVF.  OMG so many rules - if you drink, smoke, either of you have a child etc etc you dont get it!  Thankfully I fit the criteria (even after checking for a BMI rule which there isnt one - phew!).  I am being referred to the consultant that co-ordinates all the IVF referrals but it would seem that the waiting list is anywhere from 3 - 4 years.  Since my PCT dont offer treatment after age 40 that will be cutting it very fine for me  :(  and private treatment is out of the question.

DH has gone out on his special policing duties so I am on my own tonight and its just running over and over in my mind.  Could really use some support right now  :'(

Hugs

Witchie Poo Cat

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
oh hun,
im so sorry you have had a bad time of it.
I was told that i couldnt get anything because i live in Hertfordshire and funding was only for Londoners(its a 5 min drive to Barnet, London!)
I pleaded with my Gp and eventually he wrote to the Powers that be and asked them to help me, and they did!
6 months Clomid and IUI and then 3 IVF cycles.
Dont give up Poppet,keep pushing ^bigbad^
God will bless you soon im sure. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh Witchie Poo. Sorry to hear that you've had crap news. Have a cyber hug from me  ^Cuddle^.

I'm still a novice on fertility treatment but I have been reading today about Egg Sharing, where you can get cut price or free IVF treatment. There's a board on FF that discusses this. I don't know any more than this but it may be something to investigate further if private treatment is definitely not an option.

Like I say I don't know near enough about things to be giving any advice so please ignore me if I'm not helping!!!!

Please think positively, you never know what will happen.... ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.