Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm currently 9w6 but have been bleeding for the last 2 weeks (last week likened to 1st day of AF with AF pains & backache).  We have seen the hb twice at our local EPU so they're not at all concerned.  Today I had a bit more AF pain than normal & when I stepped into the shower I passed 'something'.  I panicked, got DH to put it into a bag & took off the A&E as I'd convinced I'd mc.

The doc at A&E wasn't really interested in having a look & said that because my pain didn't last very long, he thought I'd passed a blood clot. As I have already got another appt at EPU on Thursday, I should go along & have a scan to check.

When we got home, I plucked up the courage to have a look. It looked most weird - It was about 3 inces long, dark red with whiteish bit at the side.  The best way to describe it is a bit like the grissly bit you'd chop off from some stewed beef (sorry tmi!).  After my 'dissection' I went to the loo & passed something smaller, that was prob a clot.

Has someone gone through the same experience?  The not knowing for 5 days is prob going to send me  ^idiot^!

Thanks

Ronnie
xx

·
Registered
448 Posts
so you are still bleeding then? it's hard to know what is going on without another scan. I passed something that sounded like that but it was a week after i'd started bleeding and knew i was miscarrying. the sac came out one day and about three days later something like what you describe.

i'd try to get a scan asap just to know .... hopefully all is fine though.

best wishes.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chandelle

Thanks for your reply.  It's so horrible not knowing, isn't it?  Today the blood has started to tail off, from weeing blood when I went to the loo, to only when I wipe.  I wonder if that's good news?  ^idiot^

Ronnie
xx

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hi sweetie,

Can you not ring the EPU and request a urgent appt, and see if they can see you tomorrow, waiting till thurday seems so long away.
When I have probs I have the phone number of the central delivery suit as you can self refer to one of your wards to be seen.  I can ring that number at weekends and out of hours, they often have antenatal assesment beds.

Saying a  ^pray^ ^pray^ and sending you a  ^hugme^
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Love TQ.xx

·
Registered
327 Posts
ive just started bleeding. I am 5 weeks 4 d  I felt a bit funny so went to loo, I as bleeding  and whilst sitting on loo something slid out, it looked like a sac sort of jelly ish and round but dh said its a blood clot.
Im going to see how I am in am and re assess prob go to hospital.
Its scary isnt it.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi TQ - Thanks for your reply.  My EPU doesn't open on a Monday.  I managed to get an appt tomorrow at a private scan clinic (I need to know as it's driving me  ^idiot^).

I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.  :(

Kittyblue - Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^. Let us know how you get on.

Ronnie
xx

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
have you had a scan at any point in this pg???

i can only share what came out when i mc with you but this doesnt mean you have had a mc.when i mc i passed a strange looking thing that was the sac.it was in 2 parts.like a grizzly clotty thing with a greyish white matter in it.i only had a light bleed into a mild bleed the night before i passed the sac then when i passed the sac in the morn i went into havin light red and brown spotting.i had no real heavy bleed.it was like a light af.

im really hoping you havnt had a mc and you have a good scan tomorrow ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

hayley

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Hayley

Thanks for your reply.  I've had 2 scans at our local EPU which was why they weren't that worried.  They said as soon as a hb is detected the risk of mc falls to about 1%! I really hope they're right!  :-\

My boobs aren't sore anymore so perhaps it's the end...we're not giving up though until we've seen the evidence.

Thanks again

Ronnie
xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hi Ronnie, so sorry you are going though all this worry. ^hugme^

Hard to say really, if you have m/c or not. What you describe does sound very my like what I passed on both pregnancies - the first I m/c although it turned out the clotty/tissuey mass wasn't the pregnancy as this was still there and wasn't until a lot later that I passed this, although it is possible it was a pregnancy as they EPU speculated that I may have had twins initally (this was based on other things like my blood results and initial HCG levels). The second time, on my second pregnancy I assumed it was the sac / baby even thogugh I had by that point seen a hb on scan. I kept it as you did but, as it turned out needed no further investigation because the EPU found a hearbeat. I asked about it mentioning my previous experience and what happened then and the doctor did say it may have been possible that two embryos implanted this time too but one failed very early - far too early to show up on a scan at all - and this was now coming away and, possibly the "clot" was that. It certainly didn't look like just blood to me but I was so grateful to still be pg that I flushed it without further investigation!

I do hope you get some good news tomorrow. ^fingerscrossed^

C~x

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
sysmptoms do come and go at this stage.i think mine had gone by about wk 6/7 and thats with twins.everyones different lovey.

whens your scan today???

hayley

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi Ronnie

^hugme^  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I really am sorry that you have had to wait this long to find out how your baby is

I am really pleased that you have a scan today, its just so painful not knowing what is going on.  I never had a blob come out but it did actually poor out and even when they were scanning me (tmi) it was dripping out whilst doing an internal scan and praise the lord after 13wks of bleeding my girls are here and 8mths old so there really is hope for you and your baby :)

I am praying for you and hubby that all is well
God Bless
sarah

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Oh hun, ive only just seen this ^hugme^

Im praying for good news at the scan ^pray^ and that its not a sad repeat of last years terrible events :(

Thinking of you ^hugme^

Sparkles xx

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hi Ron

I have just seen this post hun. All my thoughts are with you & will be thinking of you today ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love Sue XXX :-* :-* ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ronnie

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^
I truly hope that all goes well for you today

Alice xx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Ronnie,

^hugme^  Let me know how you get on.  God this is all so terrifying.  :-*

XX

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all your good wishes.

I'm afraid it's not good news.  The scan showed I did mc but luckily(?) there is nothing left so I don't have to have a D&C. Now I have the job of cancelling all my scan & mw appts.  :(

At least we now know so we can move on & not left wondering until Thursday, although deep down we know it's over.

Good luck to you pg ladies &  ^hugme^ to all the LOs.

Ronnie
xx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Ronnie- so sorry to hear that you have mc'd,my thoughts are with you hun ^hugme^
L x

·
Registered
740 Posts
Very sorry to read about your m/c.  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Ronnie ive just seen this thread and so sorry to read your news.

I was going to say when i was 10 weeks i passed a large clot the same as you described but all was ok with me and wish it was the same with you hun.

Kate xx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts