Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Wether or not this will be of any help I don't know....but I was desperate to read every post I could to try to find people with similar symptoms, experiences who had gone on to get a positive result, so here are mine and hope they can help anyone at all....I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and although early days feel very lucky!

A week before EC I looked like I would hypertimulate so had what is called an aspiration where they drain the majority if your follicles to prevent further stimulation which left me with only 6 follicles.

They collected 6 eggs and when I rang the next day only 2 had fertilised - but hey you only need two right!  after an excrutitating wait we went back to the clinic the next morning praying we would have an embie to transfer and luckily we had 1 grade 1 embie!

The transfer didn't go as smoothly as planned as I have an unusual shaped uterus!! making it difficult - it took longer than planned and my poor embie got put back twice before it finally got transferred! the look on my consultants face when he finally got the embie in was one of pure relief and little hope!!!

DAY 1 - Friday

Following the transfer I rested solidly that day leaving the sofa for tea and toilet breaks only and tried to stay lying down as much as possible - I also kept my belly warm with my hands.

Like everyone I was scared to go to the loo, sneeze, bend down you name it!! but that passed!!  tired but no discomfort to speak off

DAY 2 - Saturday
much the same with lots of rest, but a made some lunch and pottered around a bit more! again no discomfort but constipated from cyclogest!!

DAY 3 - Sunday
bored now, but still feel very precious!! my stomach muscles seem to hurt from no use!!!

DAY 4 - Monday
Phoned in sick today, already planned to stay off work until Wednesday and generally relax. boobs are really sore today from the cyclogest I think and I feel PMTish, again getting used to the cyclogest and prednisorone symptoms. ALso taking baby asprin.

DAY 5 & 6 - tue and wed
Much the same, more active, ventured to local shops and back!! slight period type pains but very mild!

DAY 7 & 8 Thur & Fri
Back to work, feeling normal if anything like P is on its way

DAY 9 & 10 Sat & Sun
Convinced P is on its way - still got sore boobs - feel very sore when I get up from lying down - that is different! slight backache and P pains.

Day 11 - Monday
Very nauseous today and the water at home and work tastes odd, almost moldy. Cant drink my morning tea!! - getting period type pains still!!

Day 12 - Tuesday
Official test day is Friday, but I have decided I am going to test in the morning tomorrow!! feel better for deciding this already!! the period type pains I was getting have got more severe in the form of a sharp pain low in the center - almost makes me double over. Nausea still there though no sickness!

Day 13 Wednesday
Tested and got a positive - tested three more times all positive!!!
made a doctors appointment to confirm for the morning!

Day 14 and beyond!
I have probably done about another 10 tests just to make sure I am still Pregnant!  I also continue to have at least one worrying sharp pain a day, the boobs are still sore, but not unbearable!

If any of this has helped - GREAT! if anyone has any other questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
30 Posts
h i sally just read this after sending u a personal message congrats i tested 12 days after et and got bfp so i know exactly how u feel it is so good but then i had all the same pains and niggles i think in a way getting that bfp is more stressful than 2ww coz now u will be soooo protective but when u have that scan u will see that u will be fine i didnt even believe it was there till the scan but just try and relax now and rest this is a really hard time for u and make the most of each day and keep talking to that bubba u will be finexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
15 Posts
HI ALL just think this site is brill and supportive i had ec 17th et19th blood test 31st very very nervous guys... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sally

It was good to read your message as gives me perhaps some idea of what to expect although I appreciate that everyone is different!!  I had my ET yesterday (first attempt at ICSI although previously had 1 attempt at IVF but none fertilized - got 7 grade A embies this time though!!)  This is a bit of an embarrassing/stupid question but you mentioned you were constipated from cylogest and I feel a bit that way too.  However, I am scared to try to go to loo to much in case I "push them out!!"  They always say on TV when women are giving birth to push like you are constipated and so I am thinking they might come out!  I know this sounds really silly but perhaps someone can reassure me? 

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Sally

My husband and I start treatment hopefully may '05 I am willing to eggshare then have treatment of icsi. My worst feelings about it all is this 2ww. it seems we have waited so long and here of some many couples trying for a baby, you have some hope and stay positive that the treatments work and then have to wait 2 weeks, I know I also wont be able to wait for 2weeks and will be worried with every pain or cramp. Congratulations I'm very excited and positive for any one who has achieved the most precious thing in life...

bexx

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hi Sally,

I got a BFP just yesterday!!!
I had the same symptoms with u except from nausea and metal taste..
I remember that the 1week I had terrible crampings.
and the worst...I was sneezing all the time-that is not a symptom!! (I couldn't stop it!!) but finally I got BFP!!
I don't think that sneezing,coughing,going to the toilet etc can affect the result!! the first week the implantation is done so nothing can affect that!
I think that when we think all these things we get more stressed and worrying and that is wrong.
We must relax....
Best wishes to everybody.. ^fairydust^

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sadly, I can't join in this thread with any authority but I just wanted to say to Sally-o this is exactly what I promised myself I would do if I was ever successful.  As someone who has only known an ectopic but has experienced several imaginary natural cycles where I believed this was it and have scoured the internet for signs to see if I was imagining it. I have found several sites of desperate people like myself who wanted to be pregnant (but actually wasn't) comparing symptoms but very little real information from people who had actually been pregnant.

I know everyone is different and every pregnancy is different, especially those that start off with pregnyl or other drugs which induce early pregnancy symptoms.  But even bearing that in mind, when you are going through the dreaded and very stressful 2ww this is just the sort of info you want and crave for, even knowing that everyone is different, so well done for starting this thread and I hope everyone on this sight who find themselves in the lucky BFP situation add to it with their experiences.

Wishing you all a healthy pregnancy

Croc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for your messages. I have 2 embryos transferred tomorrow. This is our 2nd attempt at ICSI so am already panicking about 2ww. Should I lie down or as the hospital keep saying carry on as normal! Anyone any advice?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Clare,

I had bed/sofa rest for two days following ET and then took it very easy for another few days.  My clinic told me to rest for 24 hours and then carry on as normal, but the Zita West book about fertility recommends 3 days of bed rest followed by taking it easy (no lifting, heavy housework, hot baths, swimming, sex or aerobic activity).  It is also important aparently to keep your tummy warm for a few days, so I bought a thermal vest & v unsexy thermal knickers! I'm now on day 11 of the horrible 2WW, but trying to remain positive and very glad to have gotten this far.  Tonnes of luck for your ET and 2WW  ^daisy^

Bex  x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just thought I'd add my little bit too!!

This was my 6th attempt at IVF as you'll see from my notes and this time around I promised myself I would do everything I could to make it happen!

I bought the Zita West book "Fertility & Conception" which is fab and I also started taking Zita's Vitafem multi vitamins 4 months before we were due to start treatment.  I cut out alcohol and caffeine and generally made my diet more healthy.

Zita West tells you to eat lots of protein for good quality eggs and we had our best ever egg collection with 13 eggs all of which were mature and 10 fertilised.  I had a day 3 transfer where I had 2 grade 1 embryos put back. 

Since day 1 of transfer I'd been having period like cramping pains, not really bad but they were there.  On both of my positive cycles previously I'd started spotting on day 13 after ET and then went on to miscarry but as time went on still nothing! 

On day 14 I was still having the period type pains, sore boobs and lower backache which to me was a sure sign AF was about to arrive so I did a hpt which turned out to be +tive.  I was happy but cautious due to my previous problems.  I had my official pg test on day 16 which confirmed a +tive with a level of 333.  CARE say they like it to be over 100 so I was quite happy with it.  I had my 2nd official pg test done 2 days later and the level had risen to 1038.  I've now got my scan booked for Feb 8th and I'm hoping this time I'll make it there.

Good luck to everyone else enduring the dreaded 2WW!  May all of your dreams come true!

Andrea xxx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all ok and congrats on the positives!

Lou bee - I thought exactly the same thing about going to the loo and even waited and waited even though I needed to go in the hope it would be easier - but as you probably know now it cant do any harm!

I also took Zita Wests vitamins, but they are very expensive and I stopped them once I got the positive. I also had acupuncture leading up to the egg transfer but not since.

I am glad the post is useful - please feel free to ask me anything else, I am always happy to answer - I too had some natural cycles where I thought I was - but somehow this was different and the experince of seeing the stick turn positive! unexplainable!! your life changes from that moment on!! I did about 10 tests after that and each time got a kick out of it!!

Andrea - I can only imagine how you must feel getting a positive after 6 cycles - congraulations - you are an inspiration and should do a post for those whos cycles do fail.

Anyway - wishing you all the luck in the world!

Sally

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi all,

Sally - this thread is great ! What a good idea. I had ET yesterday on my first icsi cycle & I am dreading this wait.

Had a very relaxing evening last night..dh did everything except go to the loo for me  ;)

I've only now got out of bed - and that is only to come onto the computer. I feel quite chilled but I am questioning every little twinge.

Luckily it's the weekend so I am planning more of the same except I am going out for lunch on Sunday.

1 down 13 to go..

Good luck to everyone.

Buddug x

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Sally o

Just read your article I was supposed to have pregnancy test tommorrow but then decided I like the idea of being pregnant too much, so have decided I will find out soon enough!! (not ready to deal with possible negative result)

Im feeling very pmt at the moment so I have been round all the pregnancy websites to see if this is normal - just read you article and you describe exactly how Im feeling!!

I thought your article was great!

Keep smiling & I hope you enjoy every minute of being pregnant.

Twiggy 2   

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi ;D

i had fet last thursday so i hope you dont mind me gratecrashing the 2ww :p

i have felt realy sick this time  ???didnt on my first tx icsi

had af pains for a couple of days now :'(
6days down and 10 days till i test
but i will proberly do one at weekend hpt as af is due a week today ;)

adelex

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Sally,

Great idea. I am slowly going mad on Day 7 post ET and read with interest that you got some PMT symptons. I'm panicking as I feel a little short tempered today, am on my own in the house, so no-one to blame but worry in case its all over already.

has anyone else had this. Interesting about the sore boobs after lying down. I woke up this morning with sore boobs, but they don't seem nearly as bad now.

I think I am going slightly mad!!!

Nat x x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All,

I am now nearly 12 weeks pregnant, just two days to go and feel more and more confident every day!!

I hope that you all get the positive results that you want - we know our bodies so well, yet the whole process makes us question everything!! believe me the two week wait will soon be over and a distant memory! - you then have a much longer wait and I definitely found the first month very hard thinking 12 weeks would never get here!!

I was talking to my friend who has just had her first baby - she told me to stop worrying just because everyone tells you you should and instead enjoy being pregnant!! - she wished she had!!  and she is right!! its an amazing and worrying and very nauseous!! time - but most of all its something we have waited for for a long time!!

So please - when you all get your positives - don't worry yourself sick like I did - ENJOY!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Sally O

Thanks for starting this thread.  I am on day 4 of my first 2WW.  I feel very lucky to have got this far.  Had 6 good eggs out of I think 13 follies and 5 went on to fertilise.  They picked the best 2 out of my 3 best ones and were put back in on Thursday afternoon.  I have taken some rest and been sleeping quite a bit.  Went for a short walk today.  Back to work tomorrow but have desk job so won't be doing anything too energetci like.

Since Friday have had few short shart pains and then Saturday and Sunday have been having crampy pains just like when AF is going to start and I am sure it is.  Also have mild backache too which is another sign of AF.  But I also know that these could also be symptoms of a pregnancy.  Am I right?    Or am I clutching at straws.  I will test 23rd February.

Not sure if I can wait that long.  Do you think I could try 2 days before to put me out of my misery????  If so what pregnancy test would you recommend as I see you have used loads!

Thanks for your help.

Superted

·
Registered
500 Posts
sally o
interesting read!
and congratulations ....
could i ask ( ive have small amount of mucus/discharge.this is 2nd cycle didnt get it last time) has this happenened to you??
thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
thank you this has helped me so much with my own two week wait preg test due 09 march.x

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi all
  I'm on my 3rd day of 2ww. My tummy is so fat i look pg I cant do up any of my trousers!! also i feel very tired , I start to do something and then i have to sit down I don't no if this is because i was put out for EC? I'm also very thirsty all the time and feel abit sick. My ovary's are still very sore and they hurt when i go to the toilet. I also asked the clinic (Bourne hall) yesterday if you can have a bath and they said you can its not a problem, but so many others have been told not to . I had a bath anyway last night and it was lovely and relaxing :)  feeling very bored as i have a week off haven't even got dressed (smelly cow)  love  sharonxxx

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.