Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I'm due to start my first IVF cycle soon and will be downregging using Prostap depo injection on Day 21 of my next cycle. Dr said it's ok to ttc that month but I'm worried that taking this slow release injection would have an effect if I did get pg that month as I wouldn't be able to just stop taking it as it'll be in my body already.
Has this happened to anyone here or does anyone know what would happen if I was actually pg when I was given the injection. Can they give you something to counteract it or wouldn't it affect it at all?
Thanks
Claire

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I don't know the answer to  your question, but we were told to have protected sex from day 1 of the cycle we were going to be starting treatment on to make sure there was no risk of pregnancy.

hope someone can help

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I am not sure re your particular drugs. But I was told it was ok to ttc whist d/r.
Phone clinic to confirm if you are worried.
Best of luck!
Love Cindersxx

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies.
I'll ask the clinic again and ask what they would do if it did happen.
Cheers
Claire

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Claire,
just wondered. Did you get a response from your clinic?
Reason I ask is I had decapeptyl injection (the one to down reg and put me in temporary menopause) on CD5. Today (CD21) I have started to bleed.
I wasnt expecting to have AF because of this injection and if it was AF then its 8 days early. Also (sorry tmi!) its not like an AF bleed and have no other symptoms.
Im panicking , and also grasping at straws...Im wondering if its possible a miracle has occured and i have conceived naturally and this is implantation bleed.! Like you im worried that if it is what damage this medication can do if you are pregnant.

Ive emailed clinic and im waiting for a response.

x

·
Registered
448 Posts
i've seen several women on these boards get bfps whilst downregging and it didn't seem to be a problem. i was due to start a short protocol for my third IVF when i fell pregnant naturally, which meant i didn't have to downreg but the dr wanted me to take birth control pills for a few days before my period was due to regulate my hormones. i said no, because i thought - maybe i am pregnant already.
amazingly, i was.

good luck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts