Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

I have a scan yesterday and noticed on my notes that I have an anterior placenta. Can anyone please tell me what this means and will it be a problem.

Thanks

Lexi X

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hi Lexi

It's not a problem, it just means that it's on the front wall of the uterus and not the back....  It may have delayed you feeling movements in the early days but is not a problem....  I have recently asked questions re this and c-section on the peer support and ask a midwife boards and even that is not an issue apparently!  Nothing to worry about  :-*

Fluffs xxx 

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Lexi

I've got an anterior placenta this time and like Fluffs said, it made movements a little longer to feel and even now the kicks and punches are a little bit muted in comparrison to when I was pg with my DD, whose placenta was to the side.

Absolutely nothing to worry about there hun  :-*

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hiya,

Anterior placenta here too! MW has said I probably won't feel movements until approx 22 weeks and it also means a doppler is a waste of time as even registrar and MW struggled to hear junior's HB through the whooshy placenta noise!

Karen x

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies...

Karen, I have to disagree with your midwife. I found babies hb at 12 weeks and everytime I tried I have always found it no problems very quickly... Where you looking to buy one ?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Lexi,

Don't want one actually as I'd be in a panic if I couldn't find the HB one day!!

Got enough to worry about without that!

Karen

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Karen - I don't use mine as much now as I can feel the baby move. I know what you mean about having enough to panic about. It is never ending....

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
i had one last time and thought I didn't feel as much movement as "normal" but now I'm not that sure don't feel that much either this time

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi

I also have an anterior placenta, which meant that there was a slight delay in feeling movements in the earlier weeks, I was a bit disappointed at first as I thought I'd miss out but can now feel lots of kicking / moving around.  The time to be concerned is if your anterior placenta is lying low, which yours isn't or they would have mentioned it to you / put it on your notes.

x

·
Registered
413 Posts
h there hope someone can advise

Ive just been reading through these posts as my midwife said i have an anterior placenta and ive had another look at my notes and it says 'low anterior placenta' what does this mean. :(

love janine xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts