Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone can help I stimulated on Menopaur in April and produced an average number of eggs 7 fertilised and 6 were graded above average, 2 replaced 2 frosties but BFN. 

I have just received a letter from the clinic saying that they have had a conference with the embryologist and that they 'will change the medication from a mixed regime to Puregon 150 units per day instead of 300 units and that they will perform the first scan on day 6 of the cycle'  Before I down regged on the nasal spray and at our follow up we agreed to go for injections throughout (also cutting out pessaries) if this shreds any light?

What is Puregon - why would they swop me?

To be honest I think they've sent me someone elses letter!  Worries me as when I went for retrieval the Doctor starting reading out from the wrong notes  :mad:.  I will start my second ICSI treatment in July.

Any advice would be great - thanks ^idiot^

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don't worry cobweb. Puregon is just an alternative to Menopur. For my IUIs and first go at IVF I was on Puregon without any luck, and so they switched me to a different stimulating hormone (in my case Gonal F). Everyone reacts differently and so clinics will experiment to see which drugs you respond to best. (The dosage also changes in accordance with the hormone you're taking).

Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Good luck for your treatment.

Liz xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Puregon is just an alternative to Menopur.

If your concerned then give them a call to clarify things.

x x x 

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I will give them a call.  I guess I was just suprised that they changed it as the menopaur worked well, they are the experts I just have to relax!  thanks  ;D

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I had Puregon at our first clinic but this was changed to Menopur at the next clinic.  The response I got was more or less the same no more follicles etc so I think they are pretty much the same.

All the best

xx xx xx

·
Registered
481 Posts
hi cobweb,

i had puregon on my first treatment.
i got 34 eggs. 15 were mature(24 immature, appeared with the trigger shot) ALL GRADE 1 EGGS! 11fertilized..........resulting in a beautiful baby boy.......it does work!!

Good Luck!

Angela

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for this. 

I have spoken to the Doc and he advised Puregon as although last time I produced 7 eggs on Menopaur only 4 embryos survived after day 3 (2 implanted 2 frozen). 

In July will be my second ICSI and anticipating blastocyst at day 5, so he said that he feels lower doses of Puregon and frequent scans will reult in better embryos (fingers crossed.. and toes!)

Your little boy looks a darling.  :)

Cobweb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts