Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

unfortunatley i got my BFN yesterday. Am absolutely devestated and heartbroken but the only way that i can deal with this is by looking forward.

Dh has a varicose veing running up his leg towards his groin that has never been investigated and i believe this could possibly be a reason for his poor sperm count so we are looking into getting that mapped.

Anyway, i had an awful reaction to the DR drugs and wondering if short protocol could prevent me from having to DR? Can anybody tell me exactly what short protocol is and why clinics use it? I could be barking up the wrong tree but want to go back for my follow up meeting prepared.

Thank you xx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Sorry to hear about your BFN.  The short (antagonist) protocol is used commonly in poor responders like meI've done 3 of them - you don't DR and start off on cd2 stimming so have EC about 11-12 days later. If you do a search on here you'll find lots of info. Definitely woth looking into with your clinic.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. I had only 4 eggs collection, one of which was immature. Would this  be considered a poor response?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, i meant I only had 4 eggs collected!! Not 4 egg collections!!! ^idiot^

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I had high doses of drugs and produced 7 on my first cycle, 5 on the 2nd, 4 on the 3rd and 5 on the 4th- I was classed as a poor responders after my first cycle. I am also 39.

L x

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya DandeJohnson xxx  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ for ur sad BFN!! I have undergone 2 ICSI cycles 1st of which was a L/P but I was very poor responder to stimms, it ended in BFN also  :( I had just 3 eggs unbelievably all 3 fert,......2nd ICSI cycle because of my poor response they put me on S/P in my case there was no need for DR drugs, the reason why they use DR is to shut down your hormones so they have control of your hormones, after 1st tx they knew that I would'nt over stimulate so thats why they didn't DR 2nd time its something you should discuss with Dr, was it your 1st TX hun x? if it was they will probably look at changing your protocal anyway!! mine did. whatever u do hun I wish you luck xxxxx
Hayleigh xxxx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I've had 4 icsis & never d/r for any of them!

I am also a poor responder even with maximum drugs.

Have you thought of trying DHEA?  It's supposed to help egg quality - I didn't get a BFP when I tried ot but plenty of people on here have.

It's in tablet form & only costs about £35 - you can get it on the internet - I think there might be a thread on here about it - def worth a search because a few people have had success.

It made me feel awful & my eczema was really bad on it but most people don't seem to have had any side effects.

Good luck!
Jess xxx

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your responses. I have my appointment through for my 'follow up' and if they will agree to short protocol i may stay at the same clinic.

Jess - sorry to be dumb but i have no iea what DHEA is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts