Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of Dr Peter Hermann based in Mallorca?  He is offering 60-80% success rate with a clinic in Cyprus with a 1 on 1 fresh donor.  No waiting time.  All for 14,000 euro.  Is he for real?

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Fola,

Never heard of this person.  Sounds like he is a very expensive middle man for DE ivf and I personally would be a bit wary.  Which clinic is he using in Cyprus?  Why pay so much money when you could go direct to the clinic or any other clinic yourself for half the cost.   Presumably he is quoting the clinic's success rates?  Are they pregnancy rates or live birth rates?  etc etc. 

I would imagine this man has set up in Mallorca in order to treat mainly German couples as DE is illegal in Germany.  Therefore he would act as a middle man for these couple in order to arrange DE in Cyprus etc.

I wonder how he came to contact you?  If you are using a middle man you would be better off using one of the London clinics as they will perform the same service and you get to stay in the UK for monitoring etc etc but it will be expensive.

Most clinics in Europe do exclusive donor egg treatment - i.e. you get all the donor's eggs for that cycle and no one else.  Some do a shared cycle - the obvious disadvantage is that you have to share eggs with another couple and if your donor does not produce many, you may have very few or none at all to transfer.  Always go for a donor for yourself if possible unless money is a real issue and you need to do a shared cycle to keep costs down as it will be cheaper. 

Always ask any clinic you speak to whether you will have an exclusive donor or whether it is a shared cycle.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Daisyg,  thats more or less what I thought but just wanted some feed back.  I am leaning towards Isida in Kiev - the feed back here on the FF is very good and and it suits my needs - 51 years, no waiting list and needs DE.  Unfortunately the UK is out for me unless I get lucky - time is the key at my age. Waiting to hear back from them at the moment. Will let you know how I go.

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Fola,

Best of luck to you - lots of great advice from the women on these boards will help reach your goal I am sure.

Kind wishes,

Daisy
x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts