Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K was doing great with the potty training which resulted in a week of no accidents but has since lost the plot and we are back to square one.  But I digress...I started putting her in huggies pullups night time potty pants (she was taking off her nappy sometimes) but had an issue with them coming apart at the seams, and it wasnt just her opening them as often they were open when I got them out of the packet.  Anyhow the past few days she has leaked through and I am thinking of putting her back in nappies overnight (as she is nowhere near being able to be dry overnight )  with maybe ordinary pants on over which stops her fiddling with them. She seems to be 38 1/2lbs and I am thinking of going up to an XL if I do put her in the pullups ones again?  Moving away from the "princess pants" however may be a wrench....

What do you put your toddlers who arent yet trained in overnight?

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I still have a stack of nappies as wasn't expecting H to train as young as she did so she still wears a nappy at night.  She has started occasionlly waking in the night for a wee and taking her own nappy off and getting back in bed  without one (potty is in the bedroom on a night) or 1st thing in the morning taking it off and going for a wee then coming thru to us. Some nights she doesn't want a nappy on but we just let her to go bed with out one then put one on rightly or wrongly

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hi!
Had the same with M. She toilet trained in the beginning of July and by mid-July was refusing to wear a nappy to bed. She was dry at night within the first week and since it seemed to click she didn't want a nappy on. I used to let her go to sleep and put a pull up on her and like you I left the potty next to her bed at night though she preferred the toilet during the day. She would wake up and use it but had a few spilling accidents. In the end I decided to trust her to know to get up and left her in panties. She had no more spilling accidents so can only assume that the nappy was harder to pull down and pull back up than normal underwear. We've only had two night time accidents since then, and once was because she got tangled in her blanket and couldn't get out of bed in time. She was 2 in April so roughly the same age as yours when she trained. If she knows how to wake up at night and use the potty on her own the nappy is probably redundant. What I did from reading on here was get some of those incontinence pads that go between the sheet and the mattress after her 2nd accident but they've been there for nothing....so far!! :)
x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
We have nights where the nappy is very wet so don't think we quite ready to get rid of them yet

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep have left her back in nappies now at night and we have moved up to a size six pull ups in the day.  hoping to ditch them soon but she is now denying needing/having had a wee so we have a battle on!

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
DS3 wears a nappy overnight and not a pull up or night time pull up. I made that mistake with DS1 and DS2 but the cost is astronomical for pull ups when compared to standard nappies so I'm not being lulled into that again!

If he ever wakes for a wee overnight (which is extremely rare) then I take the nappy off for him and he goes to the toilet then has it back when he gets back into bad  :)

S x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
It is true, pullups cost more as you get so many fewer in a pack!!
I went from washable nappies to pullups at night for both of mine, so really noticed the difference in cost as before I never had to buy anything!!
I was anxious at the time that DS would regress with potty training if I put him in nappies at night, so he went into big boy pants in the day and pullups, which we called 'nighttime pants' in the night.

We have had the occasional leak when they get full, but they do hold enough so long as they're a big enough size.
We use Nature pullups, they're very good, nice big pants - and environmentally a little more responsible too.  I've had more leaks the odd occasion I've had to use huggies pullups.  I find them just too trim.

We have a waterproof mattress cover on their beds as well.

C x

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K is back in nappies at night rather than pullups but scarily enough she needs changing mid way through even with the baby drys that used to last all night....

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
S now dry in the day barring the occasional accident, and I think  ???  she's starting to be dry at night.... She has to go in pullups now because she has a potty in her room and she does get up to use it - unlike DS who just wees in his pullups with abandon!
I had tried to get her to still wear a nappy at night but she just thinks they're for babies and she'd pull them off all the time.

C x

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Just an idea ... When we first started training at night, I didn't want to carry on with nappies/pull ups. So I bit the bullet and used these from Ebay ....
Copy and paste this item number into the search 320661119770 :)

DD still has one on her bed (Just in case)

I got 2, one to wash, one on the bed. They're stay dry and easy to whip off if wet, but they stay put on the bed if LO moves around, and they're nice and soft too.
Cheaper than nappies/pull ups :)
May be worth a go?

xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts