Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all;
I am currently just about to start my last attempt if ICSI with my own eggs. Have been advised by consultant to consider donor egg and sperm if this attempt doesnt work. I only have 5%

I am still to order my drugs for this cycle, but am reluctant to do so as the standard package includes everything including the progesterone support for after the ET. After my first cycle, which didnt make ET, I had all these drugs left over unused. Luckily, (or maybe not ) I had a second IVF so could use these drugs up.

However, this will be my third and last go with my own eggs and am reluctant to waste money on drugs for after ET if I dont get there again.

Can anyone tell me, even if you have DE, do you still need the support afterwards. ie pessaries, Gestone inj, progynova tablets.

I could wait till I know ET was definate before I order them, but its much cheaper if bought as a package at the start.

TracyM

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi TracyM,

We were quoted 8% chance with ICSI with own eggs, but we never got to collect any eggs to try. We then tried donor eggs at IM in Barcelona and have never looked back. [cost about £10,000 for fresh cycle and tests, and then £2,000 for FET using embryos left over. Success rates quoted where 62% fresh and 32%+ for FET, assuming no immune issues etc]

IM uses progesterone pessaries and oestrogen patches after transfer, cost about £200-£250 depending on your dosage for 12 weeks after successful transfer. I found travelling to Spain for transfer [with scans in UK] easier than ICSI treatment in London.

Waiting list about 1-3 months depending on your donor match required. [Have waited 3 years now for egg donation in London clinic] Have heard that some of the English clinic have shorter wait now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mountainlion for your reply.

I hope I,m successful in my last go with my own eggs this time but have already started to look abroad for DE.
You seem to have done really well at IM. Congratulations.

I think you answered my question. I just didnt want to order all these drugs if I wasnt going to be able to use them, but at least I can keep them for my DE cycle. I just wasnt sure if you still needed all the progesterone support when you had DE transfer as I thought that all the stimming drugs on a normal cycle suppressed the progesterone. You wouldnt have that on a DE cycle.

TracyM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts