Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've finished my 3rd cycle of clomid and had no success, I phoned the clinic and they will send out an appointment for the consultant in September. This is through the nhs and seems like a long wait, what can I do between now and then to try to speed things up, do you think it is worth me trying to get in touch with Care for a scan as I don't even know if my tubes are blocked or anything. I have noticed a change in my cycle over the past couple of years as I now suffer flooding due to clots (TMI I know) not all the time and it is only for a couple of days about CD 2-4. My cycle used to be no problem really light, I was lucky but thats changed. I am worried because it has changed and I don't want to have an undiagnosed problem because my mum lost her life due to cervical cancer and I don't want anymore clomid because of the increased risk of ovarian cancer- i know its only slight but I guess due to my Mum I  am more at risk, I am nearly 34.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there
I'm sorry that the 3mths of Clomid have not been successful for you.
With regards to blocked tubes etc - have you never had a scan, HSG and/or lap & dye to determine this ?  It seems really strange that you've been prescribed Clomid without 1st determining whether your tubes are blocked although I suppose all consultants work in different ways.
I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest regards trying to get seen before September - it does seem a long way off - we're private so I thankfully don't have this issue.
Anyway, sorry can't be more help but good luck & ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Hi Minxy,

I'm guessing that their next step will be lap and dye, my friend went via the NHS route she got prescribed clomid for six months and is now waiting for a lap and dye.

As for me I'm with the NHS but went private while waiting for app, I'm glad I did he scanned me at my initial consultation and found cysts on my ovaries he drained the cysts and scanned my tubes it turned out I had endometriosis.  I just had lap with NHS and it has all been cleared, now we just have ttc until our next app with NHS which will be 16 wks.  Sept isn't that far away however it is when you r ttc, maybe you could ring around a few private clinics to get idea of costs for tests?  I know it is hard it can be quite expensive but a least you will get an idea of your options.

take care

xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi FrankieB

I think you meant to your last post to be for DillyDolly (the original poster).

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
59 Posts
dillydolly,

you can pay for a hycosy which is about £300, this will tell you if you have open tubes.  Otherwise you will probably go on NHS waiting list for lap and dye - this can be a long time though.

Go and speak to your GP and see what he says while you wait for the NHS appointment.

I'm going to see a chinese doctor on saturday, they can give herbs and acupuncture. 

same here with 3 months of clomid (unsucessful), have 3 months left and are then going to go private for IUI (waiting list for IUI NHS is 1 year here) .

Chinese medicine is not expensive so its worth a try....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.