Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I hope you can all help me and other newbies here!!    I'm not long on this site and every now and again there is a mention on a thread of using a hot water bottle, drinking lots of water and eating brazil nuts, not to mention the pineapple juice, milk and so on.

Could I please have a dummies guide to which bit of my cycle should I eat, drink and/or be naughty with chocolate  ;D

thanks girls

^fairydust^ to you all

G x x

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Gadget...

The drinking lots of water is throughout the treatment, but especially during stimms and after EC as helps keeps the medicing running through system, and then after EC can help keep OHSS at bay.

Brazil nuts, milk and high prote(high protein to me being, Hagaen Daaz and KFC !!!!) are alll to help improve the egg quality, and also the milk and brazil nuts help with the thickness of the womb lining...

Pineapple juice is a debated one, i used it last time and it helped me get my BFP, but it is meant to help with womb lining and implantation but is not good when drank alot of !!!! (see not that helpful ..) but when you are pregnant you shouldn't drink lots of it as it is debated about causing miscarriage....i drank it and was fine though.

In both the pineapple juice and brazil nuts there is something called selenium (prob spelt wrong) which you can buy in vitamin form from Boots or health place too if you want.....

Hope this helps, and don't worry there is no idiots guides, you just pick stuff up the more you are on here.....

Good luck with your treatment !!!

Netty

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Hi gadget,

On the hot water bottle, only use it up until before ET.  THe warmth apparently helps the follies grow.  But once you have ET, you should avoid it along with hot baths, saunas, etc. 
Good luck. 

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
the only thing i'd like to add there is relax, (ha ha easy for me to say! :) ) and go for it with the chocolate - don't deprive yourself!

·
Registered
295 Posts
hi,

sorry me again, have to say think chocolate is a must..

so much of this treatment is out of our control...chocolate and hagaan daaz help... ;D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys
thanks a million for your answers!!!  I'll stick to it all.    I've been drinking lots of water since I started D/Ring, in fact a girl in work gave me a compliment yesterday and said my skin  is looking very rosy at the moment, (maybe she's short sighted cos I've a few spots at he mo, think it's from the synarel).
CHOCOLATE, I'm already a chocoholic, I don't need any excuses but I have to be careful at the moment as I've already increased my eating slightly as I gave up the cigarettes the same day I started D/Ring, Day 11 today for both,  mmmm so tell me things like fruit is better and chocolate is out  ;D ;D ;D
thanks again guy and good luck to you all  ^hugme^
G x x

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Good luck.  And good for you for giving up cigarettes.  I'm sure it wasn't easy but worth it.

G

·
i'd recommend investing in Zita West book fertility and conception...will hopefully answer alot of your questions...

hope that helps
:-*

·
Registered
221 Posts
how about fruit dipped in choccy mmmmm u get both healthy fruit and choccy.....see its good for u too...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the advice girls, I do like lilacbunnykins healthy options mmmmmmmmm  ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts