Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have never used one of these sites before and apologise if my questions are basic.

I have been diagnosed with pcos and for the past year have been on clomid (both 50mg and 100mg) with no success, although my blood tests did show that I had ovulated.

The NHS consultant said that there was nothing more they could do and my best bet is IVF.  I am due to go to the IVF clinic next month.

I want to go prepared but am not sure what questions I should be asking.  Can anybody offer any help?

Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
hi cocopops,

I too was diagnosed with pcos and put on clomid, i too showed i was ovulating so why didn't i get pregnant??

Before referring me to ivf i had a lap and dye. This was where they found both of my tubes were blocked... thats why the clomid didn't get me pregnant, nothing would except ivf as egg couldn't meet sperm no matter how good the clomid worked!! My consultant did say if there was only mild blockages in tubes he would attempt to repair them during lap so we could continue to try naturally.

Perhaps it would be worth asking your consultant for one of these before heading towards ivf. If your tubes are clear you might only need to try iui rather then ivf.

I don't know whether you get your ivf on the nhs or paying private. As we are private i was glad i already had had a lap and dye on nhs otherwise it would have been even more expense!

^goodluck^ and let me know how you get on!

Love Emmak

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Cocopops
Try not to worry too much, just browsing through this site will make you think of all sorts of things to ask, there are not really any set questions and I am sure your clinic will do everything they can to detail things that will happen, the best bet is for you to go to your first appointment, don't be embarrassed to ask "silly" questions if you don't understand because many of these consultants talk to us like we know more about the subject than they do (mind you after a while I think we probably do) but then when you get home, you will probably still be confused, that is the time to get on here and we will fill in any gaps of information for you.
Good Luck,
Dydie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.