Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
we are meeting a little ones sw next Friday so apart from frantically cleaning the house from top to bottom what else should we expect? is it a case that you have to sell yourself or would it just be an informal friendly chat?

Julia x

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi Julia

Definately make it a warm, friendly atmosphere, be relaxed but most important of all, is be yourselves.

If there's anything you can research on this child, then do it, you can impress the sw by showing how interested you are in this child.

Best of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

x

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hi  Julia

We had a list of questions ready which showed we had thought and prepared for the meeting but the SW started of by giving an update and covered most of the questions without us asking them!

We spoke about how we had felt reading the cpr, for us we had a negative experience to compare to, and how excited we had been, how we were able to imagine him in our home and lives.  Be yourselves and try to relax.

Good luck
Love
OT x

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
since i posted this has anyone got anything else to add?? Ritzi's has given me a few tips today,

Julia x

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hi

As everhopeful has suggested I would research anything specific for the child, we spent days researching a possible condition and even contacted pre-school, went to visit GP etc which showed dedication and forward thinking.

I spent days scrubbing the house from top to bottom with DH nagging that they wont want to look round anyway, how wrong he was!!

Have your list of questions at the ready and just be yourselves  ;)  We were also asked various questions by the sw's but nothing too difficult

Best of luck  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks,

probably a stupid question but would they expect to see the stair gates on and cupboard locks on?? we have them but just havent felt the need to use them yet, doesnt seem any point when they is just 2 adults in the house.

Julia x

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
coxy said:
thanks,

probably a stupid question but would they expect to see the stair gates on and cupboard locks on?? we have them but just havent felt the need to use them yet, doesnt seem any point when they is just 2 adults in the house.

Julia x
I wouldnt put them up however as you go round your house you can say "we are putting a gate here ect"

Good luck

xxx

·
Registered
193 Posts
We had to build a bannister for our flat (rented flat) before approval panel!!! Then we moved (SS knew this was happening) and Little Bear was placed after we moved so our time/effort/money was in vain! However SW didn't think they would approve us without the full health and safety stuff. By the time DS SW came to visit we were ever so slightly paranoid about gates and locks and such!!

Try not to worry, easier said than done. If you try to relax they are more likely to get a true impression of you. They all came on my birthday & wedding anniversary last year, so it's nearly a year since we had that meeting - how time flies!

Best of luck - sorry to ramble on.

Shivster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts