Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all  :)

Can anyone tell me what supplements their dp/dh took to improve sperm count/motility etc.... and could you tell me the before and after results...

Dp is currently on Wellman but thats all so far!! we want to do the research on vitamins etc first, as want to get it right!

We are switching to all organic as much as possible also...

Thanks!  ^fairydust^ xx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi

Just to say we had IVF last year and my dh's sperm count in the April was 35 million per mil so we changed his diet. Ditched the **** (not that he smoked that much anyway) - cut back on the beer (again only really drank 2-3 pints per week if that) - took a cheapo superdrung multivit plus zinc each day, drank a glass of 100% orange juice each day (not from concentrate) - ate 6 brazil nuts per day (which also contain zinc) and we changed over to decaf coffee, by the September his count had jumped to 65 million per mil.

I understand the wellman ones are good as they also contain other crutial vits but we just opted for a cheapo superdrug one (make sure though it includes zinc).

You could also start drinking fresh pineapple juce (not from concentrate) as it contains selenium which aids follicle growth and maybe a glass of organic semi-skimmed milk each day. Are you taking any vits??

Nacknick. xx

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nacknick!

Thats brilliant! Such a difference! I'm on Pregancare and an organic diet...I've just bought a water filter too as can't seem to find water bottled in glass!?  ^idiot^ .... (Trying to follow the Zita west book really)#

I was just looking to find out whether there where any vitamins which can be or should be taken on top of Wellman/Pregancare....

We done the brazil nuts last cycle but not the pineapple thing as couldn't find 'not from concentrate' either!!

xxxxxx  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
354 Posts
You will find the fresh 100% pineapple juice in the chiller section in supermarkets (not the shelves)

I too followed the Zita West Book!!!

Good luck .xxx

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi

Even though my hubby had no sperm problems were heard that brazil nuts are very good for the mans sperm and the womans eggs and we both ate them and IVF worked first time and we have 8mth old twins

Good Luck with your IVF

God bless
Sarah

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Evette,

My Dh started taking Selenium ACE with Zinc and they mad such an improvement, i cant remember offhand the before and after outcome but it did work and the hospital were very pleased with the outcome.

All the best, Kelly x

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
On our 2nd go at iui the sample only contained 4m good sperm. Dh had been taking separate vits, but he then started Wellman vits, and the biggy I think was he bought a laptop tray as he'd been cooking his bits every night on the settee with the laptop on his groin! Our next iui the sample had 59m good swimmers after washing and so something must have happened!! Still got bfn - but we are more hopeful for the future now his sperm have improved. Good luck! x

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
My DH also took Wellman and generally smartened up his diet. We went from being candidates for ICSI to being able to concieve naturally!! Wee Charlie is the result!!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
best thing we ever did for dh's sperm count was for him to get a new job that did not involve him being on the mobile phone all day and reduced his stress levels.... worked wonders and we have a 1 year old and a further 12 frozen blastocysts to prove it...

good luck,
tikki

·
Registered
302 Posts
dh took wellman, a zita west vitamin, flaxseed oil and a high dose vitamin c! god bless him, he rattled, lol.

we also made the switch to organic food (and would never switch back now! I've seen the benefits) and so on... didnt drink to start with so that was one thing less to cut out  ;D

we didnt concieve naturally but I'm sure it really did help us!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, thats great!  :)

The zita west book seems good with advising supplements too.

Good points Tikki and Rachel2 !!!!!!! About mobile phones and laptops... I'll definately sort that out!

^fairydust^ xxxxx Evette xxxxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts