Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a loss as to why it hasnt worked for us, I am just a few days away from our proper test but so far we have just had -'s and I dont hold out much hope of that changing.
Initial reasons we went for ICSI was because of dh's antibodies but after 3 tries we have not had a single pg!.

1st ICSI, injected 8 eggs, 6 fertilised
2nd ICSI, injected 8 eggs, 5 fertilised
3dr ICSI, injected 11 eggs, 6 fertilised (2 failed to divide)
Dh's sample 3rd time was 25 million total.

We have always got grade 3 embies (4 is top grade) and on the last 2 have transfered 3 embies. I have an underactive thyroid which has been controlled with thyroxine for 3 years now and is very stable. Have had all the tests for APA's, ANA's and also CD4, CD8, CD19 and CD4:CD8 ration. They are all normal. I have been pg naturally twice but m/c both times (there was 10 years between pg's).

I am wanting to know what you think we should do next?, is it worth sending my notes to you?? if o what is the cost of this?

Is it possible that my eggs dont like being injected as I know out of the 14 they did collect this time 3 didnt stand up to the process of ICSI?

Sorry for all the questions but I just feel that I will be put back on the IVF trail again without any reasons.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nats said:
I am at a loss as to why it hasnt worked for us, I am just a few days away from our proper test but so far we have just had -'s and I dont hold out much hope of that changing.
Initial reasons we went for ICSI was because of dh's antibodies but after 3 tries we have not had a single pg!.

1st ICSI, injected 8 eggs, 6 fertilised
2nd ICSI, injected 8 eggs, 5 fertilised
3dr ICSI, injected 11 eggs, 6 fertilised (2 failed to divide)
Dh's sample 3rd time was 25 million total.

We have always got grade 3 embies (4 is top grade) and on the last 2 have transfered 3 embies. I have an underactive thyroid which has been controlled with thyroxine for 3 years now and is very stable. Have had all the tests for APA's, ANA's and also CD4, CD8, CD19 and CD4:CD8 ration. They are all normal. I have been pg naturally twice but m/c both times (there was 10 years between pg's).

I am wanting to know what you think we should do next?, is it worth sending my notes to you??

if you would like to do that I would be happy to give a deatiled summary and set of recommendations for the future

if o what is the cost of this?

50 pounds and I donate 10% of my fees for the year to Gt Ormond St. If you want to do this send me an IM and I'll give you the address to send the stuff to.

Is it possible that my eggs dont like being injected as I know out of the 14 they did collect this time 3 didnt stand up to the process of ICSI?

This sounds like an inexperienced ICSI embryologist.

Good luck!

Peter

Sorry for all the questions but I just feel that I will be put back on the IVF trail again without any reasons.

Any advice would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts