Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi whenever i get my monthly it really knocks me for 6 for a couple of days, i'm no good to anyone feel like my insides are being pulled out TMI i'm sorry can you suggest a hrebal remedy to ease the cramps
Many Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
hi daisyboo,

i've never taken anything for my (former) af pains.  i'm not one for popping over-the-counters and i didn't know at the time what herbal remedies to use.  ???  however, i have been having acupuncture for the last few years and now have absolutely no af pains whatsoever!!!  :)  despite having heavier (more normal) periods than i was used to before!  maybe something to try?

wishing x

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Do you have a lot of sugar (cakes, biscuits, sweets, chocolate, etc) in your diet?

I did/do, but on the months I cut right back (really difficult by the way!) I get almost no pain or no pain at all. And less PMT related mood swings! It's hard to do as cutting down on sugar in general makes me really grumpy as I'm massively addicted to the stuff. But it's worth a try if this sounds like you at all.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my god that is me, anything sweet and it goes in, ;D thanks for the advice,

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Over the counter medications do nothing for me - If I take paracetamol and nurofen at the same time it doesn't even touch the sides. Camomile tea definately helps to generally ease my tummy but the very best remedy is a hot water bottle.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
ive been taking agnus castus (reccommended by another ff) and amazingly this month i had a pain free af!  :eek: not sure if it was to do with that or not but ive not had one for years so it was a real shock!

also hot water bottle helps too

has your gp never advised you on what to take etc for it?  ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts