Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lovely FF's

Can I have some advice please, my twins are in 1 tog Grobags....what should they have underneath in this warm weather - my nursery is regularly 23 to 26 degrees and I'm confused about what they should be wearing, obviously don't want to overdress or have them too cold at night.

Thanks in advance for help!
xx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi Kabby,

Personally in a 1 tog I would probably put them in a long sleeved bodysuit. 
Saying that, E's currently in a short sleeved bodysuit in a 2.5 tog but with his legs out.  I may go and change him into his 1 tog later if the temp in his room remains high (25 at the mo  :eek:). 

Know what you mean, you worry that the temp will drop later in the night and they'll be cold don't you.
I used to follow the guide on the back of the Grobag thermometers to the letter but E likes to be a little warmer than B did when he was in Grobags so I don't so much now. 

Hope this helps!
Pet x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
ours was 24 when we put Isabel down she is in 1 tog with just PJ's underneath long sleeved, would have put her in her short sleeve ones but couldn't find them!

according to gro bag at 24 degrees should be 1 tog and short sleves 26 degrees 0.5 tog and short sleves

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I only have 1.5tog and have been putting k in that and long sleeves. Maybe I can then put her in short sleeves now....Its 24 degrees atm but no doubt will get cooler in the night....

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
The other night I put Sam in a long sleeved bodysuit in a 1.0 tog grobag & he was sweating, so last night & tonight he's in a short sleeved bodysuit.  The nusery temp is around 24'c.

Ronnie
x

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
C is happily fast asleep at the mo  ^pray^ wearing just a bodysuit and nappy!! No bedclothes as he kicked off when we covered him up!!  ;D ;D His nursery is 24degrees with the window open too!! I'm sure he'll wake up if he gets too cold...........  ::)

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
M's room is 25 and she just has a long sleeved babygro and nappy, then when I go to bed I'll put her in a 1 tog sleeping bag. Not sure what temperature J's room is as we don't have a thermometer in there, but he is always sweaty where he's sooooo hot yet he always wants to be snuggled under the duvet.

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
No idea on room temp but Molly is wearing a sleeveless vest, b'gro (long sleeved) and a 1.0 tog bag. Must buy a thermometer for her room, does anyone know what the ideal temp is please?

x

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
AngelMoon said:
No idea on room temp but Molly is wearing a sleeveless vest, b'gro (long sleeved) and a 1.0 tog bag. Must buy a thermometer for her room, does anyone know what the ideal temp is please?
Ideal temperature is 19 degrees.

James & Jacks room started off a 24 tonight and is now 22 (windows are still open around the house - bar their room)

Sharon xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Ideal room temps for babies are 16-18 degrees but that's impossible in this weather!  I'd suggest a long sleeved pj top and a 1 tog bag maybe?  A is currently in short and t-shirt pj's and has his 2 tog bag unzipped and over him like a duvet (or probably not by now as he chucks it off  ^idiot^)  However, he is a bit older and able to cover himself up a bit if he gets cold I guess  ^idiot^  I am training him for a big bed and a duvet and don't want to splash out on a 1 tog bag in a bigger size at this late stage hence the move back to duvet or blanket over the last couple of nights  ???

Fluffs xxx

PS His room is currently 22 but will have dropped to 19 or 20 by the morning

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So my 14 weeks olds would probably be ok in long sleeved bodysuits/vests, no babygro and the 1.00togs or vest & babygro but no tog bag...

Looks like I currently have 1 layer too many on them  ;), they don't seem too hot at moment so will leave window open I think and tomorrow - no babygros!

Thanks for all the advice
xx

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Emma's room is a continual 26-27 degrees and she is just in a babygro and nappy and no sleeping bag all night.  I've been waking up in the night to check on her as her room is soooo hot (and that's with a fan on!!  :eek:)

xxx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I was going to ask this question  ;D

In our room it was 24 last night and he went down in just his long sleeved babygro. Usually at his 11pm feed we put his grobag on but didnt bother last night and just prayed he didnt wake us up with his legs hanging out the cot  ::)  ;D

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
We tried without the sleeping bag and Isabel had a bad night till we put it on her! so looks like we staying with them for longer.
Ours was 25 when she went on and got down to 23, going to dig out her shorts and t-shirt PJ's for 2night

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Have just been up to see how hot it is in Elysia's room and its off the scale, last temp recorded on thermometer is 27. Again tonight she'll be in long sleeved pj's and thats it. Havent bothered with a growbag since she was about 6 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts