Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what you would think about this.

When we went to our clinic we were told that because I had PCOS ivf would be to dangerous, so they recommended iui. After it failed I asked to see a different doctor and he said I could do the short protocol of ivf as it would be safer for me due to PCOS. 

That was November, it failed and now we are doing it again at the end of Feb.  We saw another doctor who now wants me to do the full ivf. I told her that the previous doctor had said the shorter version would be safer, and she just said "there is a risk with both". 

My heart is telling me not to trust this doctor, because surely if the full ivf would have been best the doctor would have just got me to do that in the first place.  This is private treatment, and the cost does not change which ever I do, I think the short ivf would be better for me, but don't want to regret the decision if its wrong. This really is my last go, and it cannot go wrong like last time!

I cant help thinking, all this information that is so diffrent is wrong! :mad: They do tend to treat me like an idiot because of my age!  I loved the doctor who told us ivf was fine, this other doctor was a bit of a [email protected]*^h.  Can a second attempt be completely different to the first?

Thanks for your help,
Roxy xx

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Hiya,

I can understand why you are worried, but you will be monitored closely throughout the treatment and you would like to think that the hospital know what they are doing by now.

My friend had PCOS and got her BFP after having the long protorcol and she didn't have a huge amount of eggs, about the same as me when I had my treatment and I had unexplained inferility.

Good luck and pehaps do a bit more research with women who have PCOS and have had the long protocol.

x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.